Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to slap me round the face and tell me I am NOT pregnant?

(10 Posts)
LadyAntonella Fri 20-May-16 20:59:10

I have done four pregnancy tests in the past week (one didn't work and others were all negative), and now have my period. I am very glad about this as we are not TTC and would prefer not to be pregnant.

Bit of background (sorry for TMI); DH and I were TTC having thought for months that was what we wanted. We dtd twice immediately after the end of my period last month and then realised we don't want another baby yet, so started using contraception. After a bit of an anxious wait, my period arrived three days "late", though I have been having 25 day cycles since stopping pill in January, so actually my period arrived on time (28 days). It is normal for me (quite heavy), but I have had more cramping than usual (I think) and it feels constant and is on the front and lower back. Also I had sore boobs and tiredness.

I can't shake the feeling that I could be pregnant - I have had this feeling numerous times before and been wrong (except when I actually was pregnant with DD).

Anyway, I need a slap; I can't stop googling stories where people don't know they are expecting until they give birth. I am so scared of that happening and think I am being a bit confused.

Toddzoid Fri 20-May-16 21:02:51

You're not pregnant. HTH wink

SanityClause Fri 20-May-16 21:05:02

You forgot the

<slap, slap> bit, Toddzoid

LadyAntonella Fri 20-May-16 21:05:20

Thanks Todd. Where's the slap though? wink

LadyAntonella Fri 20-May-16 21:05:41

Haha X post!

thatorchidmoment Fri 20-May-16 21:12:28

Big Fat Negative
Big Fat Negative
Big Fat Negative
invalid test

Period arrived

Congratulations on your non-pregnant status OP!

<selects dress glove to delicately swipe LadyAntonella's aristocratic features>

LadyAntonella Fri 20-May-16 21:16:12

Thank you orchid <rubs aristocratic featured face>. It stung a bit, despite the glove, but I desperately needed that.

AliceScarlett Sat 21-May-16 10:59:01

Maybe you do actually want to be pregnant?

LadyAntonella Sat 21-May-16 12:01:41

No I am completely terrified of being pregnant at the minute. This is a complete u-turn to how I felt about a month ago however so very confused.

LadyAntonella Sat 21-May-16 12:11:02

I think the problem is that as much as I would love another baby I could not cope looking after it. I think I would break. I have no help apart from evenings and weekends as I am a SAHM with no family nearby (my DM passed away a few years ago as well so there is only one granny on the scene and she works part time and takes care of her other GC a lot. She isn't nearby anyway). I am already shattered with one DC. My DD is happy and has enough attention from DH and me - it would be insane, self indulgent and shortsighted of me to have another baby now though I think on some (not very logical) level I want another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now