Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect a message about this social event tomorrow?

(13 Posts)
blueskyinmarch Fri 20-May-16 18:56:32

I am more than happy to be told IABU about this.

I left my work around 2 weeks ago bit for a number of reasons my leaving lunch is being held tomorrow. I had to pop into the office about 10 days ago and was told the arrangements - where and when.

I sort of thought someone in the office might have sent me a ‘see you tomorrow’ sort of message but i have heard nothing. I am part of a group chat where messages like this are routinely sent so it would be easy to do.

The reason i think IA maybe BU is because i could send a message saying ‘all okay for tomorrow?” but the job i left is one where it is possible everyone is having a hideously stressy , busy Friday and are all stuck doing jobs and just haven’t had time to even think about tomorrow. If i send a message i feel i am rubbing their noses in the fact i am having a relaxed unstressed Friday.

Do i send a message? Should i expect a message? Do i just turn up at the arranged place tomorrow and hope people are there?

Absolutely message them!

"Everyone still on for tomorrow? Looking forward to seeing you"

FoxesSitOnBoxes Fri 20-May-16 18:59:36

You are really really overthinking here. Just a quick message as Boobs said and stop worrying

myownprivateidaho Fri 20-May-16 19:01:03

Yes definitely message. It won't come across badly even if they're busy.

PamBagnallsGotACollage Fri 20-May-16 19:01:23

As PP said. Quick message to check all is on still.

I would totally over think like you are though grin

beetroot2 Fri 20-May-16 19:03:37

Just message them and stop the angst.

blueskyinmarch Fri 20-May-16 19:03:43

Okay, thanks. Message sent!

mygorgeousmilo Fri 20-May-16 19:06:21

Totally overthinking things. Just say casually "we still on for tomorrow?". Nobody will think you're laying on your bed eating grapes, they'll just think you're being a normal person that confirms plans.

MadamDeathstare Fri 20-May-16 19:08:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lunar1 Fri 20-May-16 19:08:14

They would probably have messaged after work tonight. Hope you have a lovely meal.

blueskyinmarch Fri 20-May-16 19:31:34

I have had a message back. All is fine. 8 people are coming along for lunch with more joining us for drinks later. It is only a small team of about 13 and i knew already that a number of the team have prior engagements. I am very relieved.

FoxesSitOnBoxes Fri 20-May-16 20:06:22

Have a lovely lunch! grin

See? All good smile

Have a lovely time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now