Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To panic that I still don't have my period?

(5 Posts)
TodayisFriday00 Fri 20-May-16 13:10:12

Hey,

Had a MMC and my period still isn't here 8 weeks on. Have done a pregnancy test (a few!), GP isn't worried but has referred me for a scan in a few weeks. Is there anything I can do? Just be patient, keep having sex and hope period turns up or it doesn't and I get a positive pregnancy test? I'm almost 40 and feel like I'm running out of time. And usually cheery and relaxed but this is slightly doing my head in!

Thanks!

Nicky

Sighing Fri 20-May-16 13:48:25

I am sorry for your loss. You are doing all you can. And all I did. The endless waiting for TTC and mc is horrendous the whole world can come to be viewed through that distorted lens.
Everyone says it. But. Do what you can to unwind when you can. Your gp sounds useful at least. Best wishes.

Wonkydonkey44 Fri 20-May-16 14:33:01

Have u had your hormones checked? Mine took ages to get back to normal and I was still having faint positives on a pregnancy test for a few weeks.
Dr told me a certain hormone had to dip enough to trigger my period and eventually it did.
Hugs x

Meowlster Fri 20-May-16 14:35:11

I'm really sorry about your baby.
I had the same, and had to wait a long time for my first period afterwards. In the end a friend recommended acupuncture, and I came on 15 days after my session. I've no real idea if it did help, but I certainly felt better to be doing something iyswim.

TodayisFriday00 Fri 20-May-16 18:26:01

Thanks, all. Have tested negative on hpt. Will book acupuncture, will feel as if I'm doing something! Doctor mentioned blood tests after a scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now