Talk

Advanced search

To wonder where TF these flying ants are coming from?

(7 Posts)
Cerseirys Fri 20-May-16 08:41:33

Went to the bathroom this morning and the windows were covered with loads of the little bastards. Had to stage an extermination mission and it wasn't even 8am! But I can't figure out what's causing this sudden infestation. Anyone else had the same problem?

EatShitDerek Fri 20-May-16 08:42:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThomasHardyPerennial Fri 20-May-16 08:52:49

I have had one or two in the house this week, not a full infestation though! Are there are tiny cracks around the window where they are getting in? Can you see them on the wall outside?

YouTheCat Fri 20-May-16 08:55:59

It is flying ant week. The little buggers don't live long. They're scouting for new nests.

I'd suggest shutting your windows. They aren't interested in living in your home as it's not a suitable environment but once they're in they struggle to find their way out again.

gamerchick Fri 20-May-16 08:57:11

The Young queens are leaving the nests. You'll have to watch carefully to see where the holes are and plug them up. They'll find another way out. Of course the risk of that is somewhere else in the house.

Cerseirys Fri 20-May-16 09:01:41

I open the windows during the day to air the bathroom out a bit but keep them shut at night. And it's overnight that the infestation happened confused I guess there's a nest just outside the windows.

Cerseirys Fri 20-May-16 09:13:27

I open the windows during the day to air the bathroom out a bit but keep them shut at night. And it's overnight that the infestation happened confused I guess there's a nest just outside the windows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now