Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think parents should label their kids' comforters?

(11 Posts)
UnagiZanshin Thu 19-May-16 11:36:29

I really don't understand. My facebook newsfeed is full of "lost favourite teddy", "found comforter blanket" and so on. When you have a little one, you do realise what a trauma that means in a little person's life.

Why aren't all these labelled? My kids always had a favourite something, and they are all labelled (either fabric or stick-on) with my name and mobile number. Fingers crossed they won't ever get lost or dropped somewhere, but at least if someone find them, hopefully they'll be kind enough to give me a ring, instead of putting a post on a random facebook group hoping we'll see it. (It's a lovely thing to do, but it would be much easier to just call the parents)

Am I the only one who is puzzled by this?

FutureGadgetsLab Thu 19-May-16 11:39:01

Because I don't want idiots who might find DSs toys prank calling me? I wouldn't give out my number so willy nilly.

SavoyCabbage Thu 19-May-16 11:39:48

Full!

It's a good idea to label them or put your mobile number on. You are right.

But lots of things are good ideas and not every body can or will do everything that is a good idea.

Everyone makes mistakes.

YumBountyChoc Thu 19-May-16 11:42:09

Because my daughters favourite cat teddy doesn't have a label.

PirateFairy45 Thu 19-May-16 12:01:35

My DDs fab thing is too big to loose... Yay...

APomInOz Thu 19-May-16 12:02:31

Your news feed is filled with these woes? You need to 'like' more pages to get some new updates! wink

UnagiZanshin Thu 19-May-16 12:41:29

I only use my facebook account for kids related stuff (mums groups, school groups) so most items are not that fascinating grin

It was just a question. I am not trying to blame the parents, I was just wondering why most people label everything else but not the comforters. I would be struggling a lot more if we lose a toddler's comforter than his jumper. (When there's no label for the stick-on labels, you can just stitch a fabric one somewhere).

avocadosweet Thu 19-May-16 12:44:30

I've sewn name tapes in but didn't think of phone number.

APomInOz Thu 19-May-16 13:06:39

You are right Unag, it is stressful when you lose a comforter. My son has 3 of them for 'just in case, just in case'!!

YumBountyChoc Sat 21-May-16 13:29:07

We don;t usually go far from home and the staff in the shops we go in know us and would likely recognise the cat toy as DDs so we'd get it back (hopefully).

Cabrinha Sat 21-May-16 13:37:10

Well, maybe 99% of people do - and they never end up on Facebook?
smile

My daughter's favourite comforter was my breasts. Fortunately, I never left them behind anywhere - because I don't have my number on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now