Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to ask for help with picking a car seat

(3 Posts)
NeedACleverNN Wed 18-May-16 16:53:36

Cos I am stumped!

I need two car seats.

Dd is 3.3. I'm not sure about weight but I'm pretty sure she's about 25th centile.

Ds is 14 months and again not sure on weight but is the same on the centile chart.

I need a car seat each for them. It needs to be easily transferred between cars because we don't drive. The only time the car seats are used is for when my SIL pick them up or we go out for the day in someone's car. They will be used around a maximum 10 time a year so not much at all

Which brings me to my budget. I want to spend around £80 per seat. I could probably be coaxed to go to around £100 but that is the limit.

I don't have a lot of money and whilst I want to buy the safest option for my children, I don't want to spend so much money where it's not going to be used.

I was looking at a high backed harnessed booster for Dd. Does this sound about right? Means I can use it for longer than a year.

Ds I was looking at the car seats where they can use it for age 1-4 years and get another one when he's older.

Any thoughts majorly appreciated. Thank you

MrEBear Wed 18-May-16 16:56:59

Tbh I would look at the Britax Evolva or similar that is harnessed that the harness can be removed from later.
My 2nd centile 5 year old is still in a harness.

NeedACleverNN Wed 18-May-16 17:00:33

Perfect mrebear! That sorts both of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now