Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to contest this parking ticket? (pics included)

(154 Posts)
alwaysfancywine Wed 18-May-16 09:43:12

This looks like a legitimate space right? Road markings to indicate it's a space, no signs anywhere saying no parking. Before I go to the bother of appealing, I wanted to get some second opinions.

Jinglebells99 Wed 18-May-16 09:49:02

I really can't tell at all from that photo where you would park a car. Do you have a clearer photo? Car in space for example?

dexam Wed 18-May-16 09:51:51

Also difficult to tell what's around that could potentially be blocked by a parked car. We need a diagram ;)

TeaBelle Wed 18-May-16 09:52:27

There's no space marked in those photos that I can see

ParanoidGynodroid Wed 18-May-16 10:00:46

No idea, because it's not a public roadside. It may be private property. Looks like a yard in an industrial estate or something, so there wouldn't be public parking there.

Where was it?

NewNameNotTheSame Wed 18-May-16 10:00:49

Is that next to a rail platform? Whilst it is a space... It doesn't look like a space you're supposed to park in. Is it a car park? Were other cars parked there?

Stillunexpected Wed 18-May-16 10:02:28

Impossible to tell from those photos. Would you park nose on to the fence or lengthways? Either way it is not a marked parking bay that we can see from the photos. Are there signs up prohibiting parking?

IceRoadDucker Wed 18-May-16 10:04:05

No, it doesn't look like a space. Who on earth has a car that narrow? You could barely get a motorbike in it.

Liiinooo Wed 18-May-16 10:04:26

From the photos it doesn't look like a parking space, more like a footpath.

Balletgirlmum Wed 18-May-16 10:07:10

Is it public or private property. What signage is there?
It doesn't look like a parking space to me.

takeaturn Wed 18-May-16 10:08:56

No. I don't think it looks like a space sorry.

Balletgirlmum Wed 18-May-16 10:10:07

Also who issued the ticket?

BitOutOfPractice Wed 18-May-16 10:10:32

I can't really see any markings tbh but that might be the picture

Lunar1 Wed 18-May-16 10:11:14

I wouldn't think that was a space but it's difficult to tell from the picture.

IceMaiden73 Wed 18-May-16 10:12:49

I don't think it looks like a space - why did you think it was?

whatsthatcomingoverthehill Wed 18-May-16 10:16:24

Looks like it used to be a space but then they've encroached into it with the barriers and haven't got rid of the lines properly.

It seems to be a station car park so would be covered by railway bylaws. This is different legally to say a supermarket car park where it is essentially a contractual dispute.

If you want to contest it get yourself over to the pepipoo forums where there are lots of very knowledgeable people.

meowli Wed 18-May-16 10:20:02

I would only try and argue that a delineated space without signage was for parking, if my vehicle would fit within its limits. I definitely don't think the space you've shown is big enough for most cars.

SavoyCabbage Wed 18-May-16 10:21:21

If the space is in Busytown then I don't see the problem at all.

wasonthelist Wed 18-May-16 10:24:15

Looks like the end of a row which ought to be left clear for access - but it is hard to tell - the photograph doesn't show the context at all.

susanketty Wed 18-May-16 10:26:22

Doesn't look like a space to me, sorry - very narrow and that barrier. But who issued the ticket? Some companies aren't able to access the DVLA database (so they cannot track any details from your number plate), so you may not need to dispute the ticket at all.

meowli Wed 18-May-16 10:26:47

If the space is in Busytown then I don't see the problem at all.

grin

FibbyMcFibFace Wed 18-May-16 10:27:19

I'd say it doesn't look like a space but you can't tell.

NotBadConsidering Wed 18-May-16 10:29:41

Doesn't look deep enough to be a space but you should always contest tickets. Majority of councils don't really want the hassle of pursuing them.

CharminglyGawky Wed 18-May-16 10:29:45

Looks like a train station to me, and no I don't see any spaces, not unless your car is less than 2 ft wide!

If I saw that I would assume that either it was a space but the barriers had been put over them but the markings were left or I would assume that that bit was marked off so that people could leave motorbikes there or even chain push bikes to the barrier assuming there isn't a bike rack anywhere else at the station.

ScarletForYa Wed 18-May-16 10:30:27

I can't see anything resembling a parking space? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now