Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not care she has won just glad she's not working with children

(158 Posts)
Catvsworld Tue 17-May-16 11:35:04

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3593287/Primary-school-teacher-sacked-standing-paedophile-headmaster-husband-wins-compensation-unfair-dismissal.html

Tbh I am just glad she is no longer working with children

Standing by her awful husband shows she cannot keep children safe let alone her won daughter and in a school were issues of cp may come up its important the head is shit hot on it not sympathetic to the abuser who may even be a teacher

she could have stayed married but not lived with him or had any contact plenty of older generation who won't divorce but have separated

Catvsworld Tue 17-May-16 11:38:39

Childminders and foster carers cannot work with children if your partner or adult children have convictions of this kind and rightly so

If your in concat with these sorts it's hose to your sate of mind and indeed there will always be a risk of a child being harmed as they will have the acesss

Can you imagine this head supporting a child who had been abused then going home to her awl husband who did the very same thing

NeedACleverNN Tue 17-May-16 11:39:56

It's difficult.

She shouldn't have been sacked because at the end of the day she has done nothing wrong apart from stand by her husband.

We may not agree that she should stand by him for what he has done but it is her choice.

She shouldn't have been sacked for that

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 17-May-16 11:41:14

What her husband did is irrelevant to her ability to teach children. It's fucking disgraceful what happened to her and frankly so are attitudes like yours.

Catvsworld Tue 17-May-16 11:42:34

Sorry but you can't have Somone working with children who condone pedophilla

And it's not on yo have a head in charge of cp while in this living arrangement

Childminders and foster carers would expected to be sacked

You can be separated without being divorced it's that's the issue

Brainnotbrawn Tue 17-May-16 11:43:16

I actually think this is the fairest outcome for this case. She has commited no crime and she needs to live but I would be extremely unhappy to have my children in her care because her judgement is way off.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 17-May-16 11:44:41

Childminders and foster carers are totally different circumstance, surely you understand that? Their jobs are based in their homes, where their partners would be living. Completely different.

Catvsworld Tue 17-May-16 11:44:46

I think that's what it comes down to I do wonder how many of those people who are crying foul

Would be happy to drop there child of to a childminder to had a son or a husband who had done the same even though the childminder who had done nothing

Brainnotbrawn Tue 17-May-16 11:44:52

Paul I disagree that making poor judgements with regards to childrens well being does not affect your ability to teach.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Tue 17-May-16 11:45:33

She didn't do anything wrong? She therefore was unfairly dismissed. Her husbands actions have no bearing on her ability to teach- are people worried that she is somehow going to become a paedophile because of her husband?

YABU to read the daily mail.

Clandestino Tue 17-May-16 11:46:14

*Sorry but you can't have Somone working with children who condone pedophilla

And it's not on yo have a head in charge of cp while in this living arrangement *

Is it only me or are your posts a bit difficult to decipher?
But you started a thread quoting Daily Fail so that's rather self-explanatory.
Btw, I don't like witch hunts, lynching and stone throwing.

PotteringAlong Tue 17-May-16 11:46:28

Childminders and foster carers would expected to be sacked

But presumably they are looking after children in their own home where the person who has the conviction also lives.

She wasn't teaching them in her own house. Why should she loose her job because of the crimes of her husband?

Catvsworld Tue 17-May-16 11:46:48

Nope head teachers are in change of the cp in schools if she sees what her husband has a done as nothing much then hoe will she deal with a matter that arises in her school her faith is more important than children's safety she could of kept her job she just needed to separate from him and condem is actions

ApocalypseSlough Tue 17-May-16 11:46:59

Dismissal and compensation is the right outcome. She's not committed a crime and it's not her fault that she's been out in a position where she can't work.

ApocalypseSlough Tue 17-May-16 11:48:24

Maybe she thinks his crimes are vile and she's unhappily stuck with him for life because she took a vow of commitment in front of her God.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 17-May-16 11:48:42

It's attitudes like this that fuck me off. Talking nonsense just to try and make your point. She didn't condone what he did. It's completely different to being a childminder or foster carer. You can't just skew reality to fit with what you want.

DeltaSunrise Tue 17-May-16 11:49:05

I agree with you cat

As a childminder, all people over 16 in the house have to be police checked. If there's any convictions of any kind then I am not allowed to be a childminder, even if that conviction isn't mine.

It should be the same for teachers. I agree with her being sacked. I wouldn't want someone who was publicly standing by their peadophile spouse near any children.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 17-May-16 11:50:44

She wasn't a head teacher! Jeez! At least read the shitty DM links you post before commenting on them.

DeltaSunrise Tue 17-May-16 11:50:54

And as you say, she doesn't have to divorce him, separation & showing she doesn't condone his actions would have been enough for her to keep her job.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Tue 17-May-16 11:51:51

Delta are you saying if a teacher lives with or family is a convicted criminal then they shouldn't be a teacher?

soapboxqueen Tue 17-May-16 11:52:09

Foster carers and childminders would presumably have the offender in the house with them while caring for children, or at least potentially. The head teacher's husband would have no reason to be on school property. So the two are not comparable.

There is no indication that she did anything wrong or that she was complicit in his acts. She feels that her vows are sacrosanct, literally for better or for worse, and believes that because he has vowed never to do it again, get Christian values mean she feels they can move forward.

She has in no way condoned what he did.

I honestly don't know how I would feel if my child were at her school. I would expect a detailed explanation of how they were approaching the matter but at the end of the day, she has not done anything wrong.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 17-May-16 11:52:20

Well she won an unfair dismissal tribunal, so I think the law disagrees with you there Delta.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Tue 17-May-16 11:52:58

But the school didn't sack her because her husband is a paedophile, they sacked her because of her continued relationship with a paedophile.

NeedACleverNN Tue 17-May-16 11:53:09

You cannot compare child minders and foster carers to a teacher who is married to a paedophile.

They carers are in constant contact with the children in the privacy of their own home.

The teacher is in a public space, has no privacy and her husband would not be allowed to enter school property.

Completely different

PotteringAlong Tue 17-May-16 11:53:19

But why should it be the same for teachers? For childminders it's different beause you are working with children in your own home. Teachers aren't. Why should a teacher who has (for example) a child of 16 with a conviction face the choice of the sack or disowning their 16 year old when their job and their home life would not ever overlap?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now