Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed that my lunch (and tupperware) disappeared?

(11 Posts)
whereismytupperware Tue 17-May-16 10:15:01

No crazy office fridge hoggers or odd behaviour over food in my office so this is really odd as well as making me very cross!

Yesterday I put my tupperware pot containing my lunch in a bowl out on the side in the work kitchen to defrost. I returned at lunchtime to heat it up and it had disappeared! I looked in all the fridges and freezers in case someone replaced it but no, no sign of it.

I was very hangry and sent an email round to see if anyone had moved it, nothing. No one knew anything. I had to postpone a call with my boss to go out and get something.

Still no one has fessed up, it could possibly have been the office cleaner, she was in around that time but she barely moves a thing to actually clean so I am not sure that is likely.

So I was very annoyed at the time that I had to go and buy lunch (that subsided when I was less hungry grin) but now I am annoyed my tupperware has gone, it is a good clip top one too. AIBU? I should just let it go shouldn't I?

liz70 Tue 17-May-16 11:08:24

I would be hacked off too, but I probably wouldn't say anything. Nobody's going to admit to nabbing it.

Can you keep your lunch chilled in a small cool bag within your main bag, if you take one into work? Would it be okay from start of work till lunch time like that? Or, if not, frozen so it defrosts in time for lunch, as you did do, but just keep it in your bag? I would have thought people would be less likely to rifle through others' bags.

I know you shouldn't have to, but there's a lot of things we shouldn't have to do, unfortunately.

ApocalypseSlough Tue 17-May-16 11:09:46

Grrrr for you.
I love 'hangry'
chocolate

liz70 Tue 17-May-16 11:14:52

"I love 'hangry'"

Me too. Is that how posh people feel when their lunch has been swiped?

(Sorry, OP. wink)

silverpenny Tue 17-May-16 11:15:27

Probably just been binned by cleaner - have you checked the bins in kitchen area?

whereismytupperware Tue 17-May-16 11:27:28

liz I love that you think I might be posh! I don't usually defrost stuff at work, I had frozen it as we had a lunch at work and I didn't need it last week, not wanting to be wasteful and all that. I left it in the kitchen as we have been told not to clutter around our desks or the space around them with extra stuff! I won't be doing that again.

silver I did have a quick look in the bin but there was loads in there and it is a covered bin plus something heavy would have been at the bottom . I will never know sad

Some of my lovely colleagues were cross on my behalf!

DH is furious about his tupperware, I am not sure how to break it to him that it may be lost forever.....

oldjacksscrote Tue 17-May-16 11:47:42

I once ate a yoghurt at work, I wasn't that keen on it and was telling the girls in the shop how tasteless it was (slow day). When I got home I'd said to my mum not to buy them again to which she's said we didn't have those yoghurts. I had taken and eaten someone else's and then slagged it off, I was mortified. It became a bit of a joke at work, the poor girl was too embarrassed to say anything at the time.
Maybe someone has taken it by mistake and is too embarrassed to own up to it.

silverpenny Tue 17-May-16 12:06:48

op this has got to be the first post ever that a DH cares about tupperware!!! smile

How is your relationship in other ways? wink

whereismytupperware Tue 17-May-16 13:53:31

Silver Really? My DH LOVES Tupperware, especially the good clip top stuff.

Now I don't know if he's one in a million or if this is a LTB offence grin

TroysMammy Tue 17-May-16 14:11:36

Would someone have put it in the microwave?

oldlaundbooth Tue 17-May-16 14:13:46

Same thing happened to me once.

Big tub (as in, enough for a week) of homemade soup literally disappeared. I sent emails, etc no response.

I figured it was the desperate cleaners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now