to use this power tool as a beauty aid?

(6 Posts)
Motherinlawsdung Tue 17-May-16 09:39:59

I have an engraving and rotary tool which I use for my hobby. It occurred to me I could use the sanding attachment to remove hard skin from my feet. It worked a treat. I then used it gently to remove dry skin from the front of my shins. (I do have very dry skin).
Does anyone else do this? are there any drawbacks? I can't see any unless I get too enthusiastic with it.

MyCatIsTryingToKillMe Tue 17-May-16 09:41:21

Do you fancy a trip to A&E?

InAWashingMachineMinute Tue 17-May-16 09:43:27

A salon I used to go to used Dremel with very fine sander attachments for pedicures. As long as you use a really fine grit I think you'll be fine on your feet (don't press on one area for too long). I'd give the shins a miss though!

cozietoesie Tue 17-May-16 09:45:07

And to think I laughed in amusement when I was reading the instruction booklet for an electric paint stripper and it said something to the effect of 'Don't use this tool to dry your hair!'

I thought it was so funny back then.

pinkyredrose Tue 17-May-16 09:45:09

Omg that sounds hideously dangerous! Get thee a pot of salt another pot of coconut oil, mix and exfoliate. Maybe the power tool worked the first time if your skin was mega scaly but long term I think it's a dud idea. So much scope for skin damage and accidents.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 17-May-16 09:46:37

Don't scholl make a pedicure sander thing? Might be better to invest in one of those?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now