Talk

Advanced search

bigger than DP

(17 Posts)
PersonalSpace Mon 16-May-16 23:15:43

Are any of you bigger than your DP? Myself and DP are both short he's probably one inch taller than me and I'm slim but he's very slender and when I see photos of us together I look twice the size/ width of him! It's so demoralising as I'll think I look OK and then see a photo and it looks like I'm in the foreground and he's in the background even when we are side by sideconfused

AIBU to be bothered by this?

WorraLiberty Mon 16-May-16 23:21:39

My ex husband looked like he fell of a charm bracelet when he stood next to me, and I'm 5ft 3 grin

It never bothered either of us.

Fedup21 Mon 16-May-16 23:23:30

I had a boyfriend who was the same height as me (I'm v short!) and weighed a lot less than me. I hated it and the relationship quickly fizzled out. He was a great bloke butbi didn't find it attractive- I never felt very feminine. That probably makes me totally superficial!

TrionicLettuce Mon 16-May-16 23:27:57

I'm 5'9" and DH is about 3" shorter.

He's skinny and wiry, I'm built like a prop forward grin

It's not something that's ever bothered either of us.

ollieplimsoles Mon 16-May-16 23:34:17

Me and dh are both short arses, he's 5"7, I'm 5"1. I'm three stone heavier than him though (blaming the baby six months later).

Its never bothered us, its nice to have someone who understands the challenges short people face every day! We have a set of steps in our kitchen, none of our top cupboards are filled, and put on a tiny bit of weight = you look like you gained 100lbs because you don't have the height to carry it off D:

DeadGood Mon 16-May-16 23:37:04

"My ex husband looked like he fell of a charm bracelet" tee hee!

Littlefluffyclouds81 Mon 16-May-16 23:37:07

Ooh no I can't handle it! I've had a couple of boyfriends who are maybe an Inch or two shorter than me and it did my head in. I like to sometimes wear heels, and that was out of the question. My current boyfriend is a couple of inches taller than me and solidly built, I like feeling like the little one when we're cuddling...and doing ahem 'other stuff'. And being able to wear heels opens up my wardrobe options a lot more smile

charliethebear Mon 16-May-16 23:40:12

I used to have a bf who was the same height as me but very very skinny and lanky. I looked like a giant next to him even though I was a normal weight, my size 10 legs were about 4x the size of his!
It did bother me a bit, especially when we went on a fairground ride once and they made the lightest person sit on a certain seat and the heavier person to sort of buffer them/protect them on another and I was the heavier person sad

aspoonfulofyourownmedicine Mon 16-May-16 23:42:46

Yes, I'm 5'3", and I'm overweight (battling weight issues and have done for the past 10 years), my husband is 6' 3" and is 2 stone lighter than me. He's sporty and interested in fitness - I'm the complete opposite. It bothers me more than it bothers him.

ChicagoBare Mon 16-May-16 23:59:15

We're the same height but I mostly wear heels so am usually a couple of inches taller than him. I don't mind!

ChicagoBare Mon 16-May-16 23:59:47

I was 6ft in platforms on our wedding day compared to his 5'8.

lavenderhoney Tue 17-May-16 00:07:19

My dm advised me never to date a man or marry one wuth thighs smaller than minesmile This ensured a small pool of potential suitors.

Hagrid3112 Tue 17-May-16 00:09:31

I'm 5' 4", DH is 6' 3". I'm overweight, he is slim, but has a teensy bit of a tum. Luckily he has wide hips, too, so I don't look like too much of a heifer next to him.
I have a much narrower waist than my hips - usually 2 sizes different - so when we dress up I wear dresses that emphasise my waist and hide my hips, and we match better, ha ha!

ShtoppenDerFloppen Tue 17-May-16 00:10:47

I am both taller and heavier than DH.

We are in so few pictures together it doesn't matter (I am usually the one taking the photos).

fatmomma99 Tue 17-May-16 00:17:37

I'm 5' 8", so not ridiculously tall, but tall. I have horrible posture from trying to appear shorter to teenage boys who don't have their final growth spurt until about 17 (I was this height at 14).

I'm now VERY overweight, but appear less so because there's more of me to distribute it around. So as an adult, I appreciate my height more than I used to. But as a teen I used to CONTORT to allow boys (the very, very few that wanted to) to bend DOWN to kiss me. It seemed important at the time that they should do this.
Means I've grown up not expecting to be 'rescued' (because in fantasy-land, you can't be rescued by someone a head shorter than yourself). Hopefully means I'm resilient, as well as being a giraffe!

BoatyMcBoat Tue 17-May-16 00:56:13

We are both short. He reckons he's 6 inches taller, but not a chance! I, however, amd immensely fat and he is skinny. We are certainly not a pair!

The only photos we have are of dd, or of dh when he's gigging, ie on stage. There are none of us both.

PersonalSpace Tue 17-May-16 21:16:55

Thanks Worra your charm bracelet comment made me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now