Talk

Advanced search

To hate the "mother lioness" attitude?

(24 Posts)
PinkyOfPie Mon 16-May-16 20:57:07

Just seen this posted on my FB feed by someone I pegged as being normal. I see things like this all the time, eg "mess with my kids, mess with me"

AIBU or is this stuff just insufferable and ridiculous? Who do they think on their FB is gonna hurt a 2yo that they'd need to go "crazy dangerous"? Why are we threatening people on behalf of our special snowflakes? Or am I a shit parent because I don't want to tear shreds out of everyone who will one day upset my children? confused

Fanakapan Mon 16-May-16 21:00:14

No you're not.

They just sound unhinged and a bit attention seeking.

What, and the rest of us don't care about our children?

Show off twats.

AgathaMystery Mon 16-May-16 21:01:21

Ugh I hate it all. Esp 'momma bear'

Notgivingin789 Mon 16-May-16 21:01:45

Yeah its a bit.....

But to be honest, I am quite protective of my DS and my mother lioness has come out OCCASIONALLY. DS has SEN, the could be the reason why I am a bit more protective of him. I confronted a group of adults who were laughing and making fun of him. The bastards quickly shut up. I had a major fight with a particular family member that hit DS.

I don't know what I will do if God forbids, DS gets bullied.

Buttons23 Mon 16-May-16 21:03:35

No its not just you i hate that crap and i have a son. There is a worse one that is rules for dating my son. It is basically how to be the worst mil in the world and be inappropriate with your son. Things like checking his phone, if you are not married to him then your opinion doesn't count, i am everywhere etc

Don't get me wrong i love my son and would of course have an opinion on those that hurt him but i won't be going straight into fight his battles.

PinkyOfPie Mon 16-May-16 21:04:10

notgivin I think that's fine, and if DD ever gets picked on I stick up for her, I think parents always should. It's the underlying threat of violence that happens before anyone has even said anything that doesn't sit right with me (not meaning you of course but these kinds of posts)

EscobarsMule Mon 16-May-16 21:06:54

It's facebooks fault.

PinkyOfPie Mon 16-May-16 21:07:46

An yes Buttons I do believe you're referring to the misogynistic pile of dung?
I don't have a son (but may have one in a few months as pg) but I'm pretty sure if his girlfriend came to my door "looking like a stripper" I'd welcome her with open arms and be thankful she's making the effort to meet his parents. I mean who thinks like this confused

I swiftly deleted an old colleague after she shared it (and TBF she got rightly annihilated by her friends for it)

HumphreyCobblers Mon 16-May-16 21:10:22

You can stick up for your children when necessary without any stupid and self indulgent momma bear shite.

igglepiggleisanarsehole Mon 16-May-16 21:11:08

I was about to post that rules for dating my son image too! My sister posted it a few weeks ago. It gives off the impression of being totally unhinged.

Elledouble Mon 16-May-16 21:12:07

Oh, vom! My son is only one, but I'd hate to be that kind of awful embarrassing mother.

AdoraKiora Mon 16-May-16 21:13:53

the 'rules for dating my son' thing is hideous shock

Buttons23 Mon 16-May-16 21:14:55

Thats the one, I have got a couple of friends who have posted it. Have come very close to commenting on it, you will also be the grandmother who she will never allow to have a real close relationship with your grandchildren if thats how you are.

Dieu Mon 16-May-16 21:22:09

I hate this corny type of shit. Intelligent people never post stuff like that on FB anyway.

PenCreed Mon 16-May-16 21:31:25

Ugh, I hate that crap. My DB's MIL posted a "rules for dating my daughter" type one and tagged him in it a little while ago. They've been married for over 15 years.

Utter shite.

YorkieDorkie Mon 16-May-16 21:35:15

I hate it on FB because I'm reading statuses like that thinking, why is this aggression being shoved in my face? I haven't done anything wrong. It's very "us versus them".

Buddahbelly Mon 16-May-16 21:36:06

I don't have anyone on my facebook who posts these sad. need to add more people.

I just get stupid minion ones from my uncles wife who is nearly 55.

CocktailQueen Mon 16-May-16 21:38:45

Ugh, both hideous.

The rules dating my son one? Argh. So the woman doesn't want him dating anyone, ever, but basically staying at home with her? Creepy as fuck.

I hate the FB 'haters' posts. Is haters even a thing?!

TooOldForGlitter Mon 16-May-16 21:38:58

Ugh Pinky that is awful. I'd lose friends if I saw that on fb!

SpringHasNearlySprung Mon 16-May-16 21:40:06

The only rule for dating any of my children were once they moved in with you/married you then they were strictly non returnable. grin.

Sunnsoo Mon 16-May-16 21:44:12

HAHAHA!

Tbh, I would rather my MIL did post something like that regularly...

So that I would know to run before it even started!

decisionsdecisions123 Mon 16-May-16 21:47:04

What a strange thing to post. Though I'm afraid I agree with the stripper rule. A relative of mine likes apage on facebook so it ends up with some of the posts appearing on my page even though I tried to block it. Its some Australian woman who seems to like to show how much of a 'see if I care what you think' type attitude and defends all the not very nice things her children do as its 'what children do, so screw you' stance.

She seems to think she is cool because she uses quite a bit of coarse language to describe her day to day life while posting photos of herself and her children which show off all her artistic tattoos and most of her body.

PacificDogwod Mon 16-May-16 21:52:30

Oh, ye gawds, every day I learn about something else that makes me glad that I don't 'do' FB!

I fully intend to leave my DSs to deal with the world as best they can when they are fully grown. I see my job as their mother to make myself redundant in time grin

MammaTJ Mon 16-May-16 21:52:59

I am feeling a bit lioness about my poor DD who is being bullied, yet has been accused of pushing the bully off her bike and causing injuries that meant a visit to hospital.

She did not do it, I was with her the whole time, the bully was harassing and goading her, but DD did not react.

I cannot post what I really want to on FB, so might resort to some of these lioness type posts! I know they will be reported back to the mother who went in the school ranting and raving about DD bullying her DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now