Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want at least a partial refund?

(7 Posts)
PiecesOfCake Mon 16-May-16 13:55:32

I've just had some blinds made up. Instead of going to a big company, I found a local lady. She said it would take a week but in the end, three weeks later I went to pick them up today.

One blind is for the bathroom, which she knew, and I wanted a light cotton lining so as to let light into the room when the blind is being used for privacy.

I've just got them back and she's put black-out lining on it! The tension on the stitching is wrong, it's wobbly and ... I'm really cross.

I went back over there to discuss it with her and she has proposed a different thick cotton liner that she has to hand, which is clearly also going to block the light; or that I go and buy a different liner that I want, at my expense, and if she thinks it's suitable she'll re-line it for me.

AIBU to just want shot of it and finish it off myself?
And now that I've handed over the cash, is it even possible to get a refund?

Ernope Mon 16-May-16 13:57:53

Not sure if possible to get a refund but I'd do it yourself or take it elsewhere. Don't think I'd bother getting a refund but I wouldn't go there again

WanderingTrolley1 Mon 16-May-16 14:03:01

Tell her how disappointed you are with her "service" and that you couldn't recommend her and DIY/find someone else who'll finish the job properly.

Kitty3E Mon 16-May-16 14:07:31

Yes you should get a part refund she did not do as you asked simple as

PiecesOfCake Tue 17-May-16 07:54:43

I couldn't sleep I'm so cross about this! They're just not what we asked for and not up to scratch.

Could anyone advise as to how I could get a refund as I have already paid her cash?

WanderingTrolley1 Tue 17-May-16 10:56:55

I would express my disappointment and state they're not what you asked for. Asking for a refund us a reasonable request.

Did she say why she'd used blackout lining?

PiecesOfCake Thu 19-May-16 17:56:01

Yes! She said that she used blackout lining as that was all "that she had to hand". I was shock.

I bit the bullet, and after pointing out all that was wrong I asked for a refund. I have got back 1/2 my money and now have to pay again to have them done properly.

angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now