Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you get a child into a rear facing seat that is seatbelt installed?

(9 Posts)
HelenF35 Sun 15-May-16 21:09:51

I've been looking at various rear facing car seats and think we will get a Nuna Rebl for the main car but am looking for a cheaper but still rear facing option for the second car. Looking at the Joie Tilt or Steadi but it looks like the seatbelt would be totally in the way when you try to put your child in. Is it as awkward as it looks?

polkadotdelight Sun 15-May-16 21:12:20

We have the axkid minikid and the seatbelt isn't in the way at all.

avocadosweet Sun 15-May-16 21:14:46

That's why we didn't get that seat! Got Hauck Varioguard instead, and Britax two way elite as main seat.

SweetTeaVodka Sun 15-May-16 21:16:39

We have the Joie Stages, DD just climbs in under the seatbelt or from the other side (provided I haven't put the baby's seat in the car yet), when she was smaller we lifted her over it, it was never really an issue TBH.

tryingtocatchthewind Sun 15-May-16 21:19:37

Not all belted ERF seats fit in the same way. I've got an Axkid and a 2 way elite and they both route in a way that keeps the seat belt way out of the way. The Joie, although brilliantly affordable, is a bit of a pain in that yes the seatbelt is right across. You'd get used to it I'm sure but yes it's one reason that put me off those seats

witsender Sun 15-May-16 21:48:41

Dunno, we went for the britax two way elite which had low belting really. But I guess with an absolute fiddle!

passmethewineplease Sun 15-May-16 21:50:23

Easy. I sort of wedge the belt under the seat and lift her in. I don't even notice it tbh.

Noodledoodledoo Sun 15-May-16 21:59:17

Can I recommend making sure your ltitle one can rear face. We have and extended rear facing seat which luckily goes both ways as my DD gets seriously travel suck going backwards! We didn't move her out of her baby seat till 14 months as she still fit luckily! Not sure if these seats only do rear facing we have iso fix ones.

NurseP Sun 15-May-16 22:38:57

The joie tilt is a lovely car seat. When fitted with a seat belt, the child sits on the seat belt and it's fitted through the back rest so it doesn't go over the seat and get in the way at all. I went to Halfords and they showed me how to fit it. ( I then bought from toys r us as had a voucher!) Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now