advice please. dog poo.

(24 Posts)
WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 15-May-16 16:41:25

Is there anybody who I can complain to?

The noisy family dogs are pooing all over the place.

And the snotty woman is all "oh I can't pick TWAT up"

Their toddler has trodden in it.
So has at least one of their other dogs...

I I have tried googling but my battery is about to run out

BoopTheSnoot Sun 15-May-16 17:11:06

Who's dogs are they? A neighbour? You could probably report it to the council if they're letting their dogs crap all over the place and not cleaning it up. They could get fined. But I'd try speaking to them about it myself first.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 15-May-16 17:15:15

No idea what's what? Your neighbours dogs poo in their own garden? She says twat instead of that?

Birdsgottafly Sun 15-May-16 17:17:45

If it's an ongoing problem, then Environmental health are the people to contact.

They won't take action unless there's proof, but might contact the suspects, which may change their behaviour.

Nanunanu Sun 15-May-16 17:37:47

Their dog poos in their garden?

Or their dog poos in a communal space?

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 15-May-16 19:00:11

Communal space by the beach.
Loads of kids around (including 6 of theirs. 3 young teens. 3 toddlers)

BoopTheSnoot Sun 15-May-16 19:26:59

Do you know who they are? Their address? Have you any evidence? Environmental Health/the council probably won't just go and hang around there on the off chance that the phantom shitter may turn up.
To report it you'd surely need their details?

PunkrockerGirl Sun 15-May-16 19:29:42

Your post isn't clear enough.
Whose dogs?
Whose children?

MiddleClassProblem Sun 15-May-16 20:02:17

Is it a one off or regular?

Javabeansaintgeorge Sun 15-May-16 20:59:12

how often is this happening?

charliedontsurf Sun 15-May-16 21:21:47

You can report them to the council and they will get fined. Happens on my estate all the time!

jellypopmummy Mon 16-May-16 14:05:35

my neighbours are culprits of letting their dog poo all over the communal back garden, but the fucking thing only ever poos on my side and because they send the kids down with it the shit never gets picked up and it rips my fking knitting, hence why I refuse to cut the grass. I'm not picking up dog crap, if I wanted to do that I would have got a dog. It ran into my private garden the other week when I was out and I couldn't get the thing to move without it peeing everywhere as well...

MiddleClassProblem Mon 16-May-16 14:54:39

Are you the OP? You don't sound the same.

If it's communal you can complain to a managing agent or council depending on housing situation

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 16-May-16 15:24:54

We went for a day by the beach.

Picked a nice quiet spot near some pensioners reading papers.

Dd was pottering around with a doll in a pram. Picking up little stones.
Waving at all "the nannies "

Ds went to paddle.

All good so far.

Then the family from hell show up. 4 cars. 5 dogs. 6 kids. (The youngest teen was OK, very polite and did move the others out of the way when he saw dd asleep).

2 cars were blaring different radio stations.

The 4 small dogs kept running everywhere and got screamed at to come back. The big dog seemed to have tummy issues. It kept wandering near everybody and pooing. About once every 20 minutes.

Public place. They have a such right to be there as anybody else.

But they left loads of litter. And a hot bbq.
And nearly a toddler. Poor boy had walked the length of the field before anybody noticed he was gone. He was also covered in poo.

No idea if it happens regularly. First time we had been to this field.

I only wondered if there was a dog warden or someone I call while I was there.

Maybe a toddler -warden would have been useful too...

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 16-May-16 15:25:44

Just in case I confused anybody.

It's a field behind a beach.
We were on the field.

oldjacksscrote Mon 16-May-16 15:29:53

Take pic and report to environmental health, if they have proof they should be able to fine them or get the dog warden to catch them in the act.

MiddleClassProblem Mon 16-May-16 15:34:00

I'm not sure what a dog warden would have been able to do other than ask them to pick up poo. Your op didn't give us many clues to this situation so hard to help at the time

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 16-May-16 16:18:56

Did you get their car regs and pics of the litter they left? If not there really isn't anything anyone can do is there?

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 16-May-16 22:32:32

Sorry.
I was desperately trying to type original post before phone went flat.

I have a picture of their cars. Wasn't deliberate, they were behind dd when I took a picture of her.

We cleared some of the rubbish with ours. Dd hates mess.

My original op should have been more along the lines of

Would a dog warden or pcso do anything about the uncontrolled dog pooing everywhere?
In a public picnic field, by a beach.
And if so, how do I contact one on a Sunday. ..?

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 16-May-16 22:34:10

Oldjack

How do I contact EH?
Just Google them?
Are they regional?

This happened near Liverpool. ..

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 16-May-16 22:38:58

It's too late now. They'd need to watch their dogs defecating to fine them - it's possible to DNA test the faeces but it's not policy for anywhere in England to do it anymore, it's too expensive.

If a dog warden saw the dogs out of control or defecating they could have issued a ticket but that's hugely unlikely on a Sunday. If the dogs had been out of control you could have reported that, but they don't really sound it. If the children seemed neglected you could have reported that to social services but again that doesn't really sound justified.

You could see what environmental health think, they might send someone to monitor the area for a few weekends. They'll be based at the local council.

ExitPursuedByABear Mon 16-May-16 22:39:15

Ah.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 16-May-16 23:45:45

Thanks.
I didn't think anybody would do much.

But was checking there wasn't a magic dept I had missed...

CaoNiMao Tue 17-May-16 03:45:25

But did she really say TWAT??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now