Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your help pronto

(15 Posts)
midlifehope Sun 15-May-16 16:37:24

Apologies - posted in here for a quick response. I know you lovely ladies can help. My uncle is in hospital with a stroke. I'm devastated, he doesn't want any visitors / and my parents said not to travel as I have very young kids.

I've spent hours on the internet trying to find a get well gift / flowers (to feminine?) for next day delivery but can't find anything and am stressed to the max.

Do you know of anything, anyone, I can send? Thanks in advance

midlifehope Sun 15-May-16 16:38:56

*too

Afreshstartplease Sun 15-May-16 16:39:24

Moon pig?

postmanpatscat Sun 15-May-16 16:39:27

eflorist will deliver tomorrow if you order by 3pm.

Hope your uncle makes a good recovery.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 15-May-16 16:41:18

Check the hospital before you send flowers. Mine weren't allowed in last time, and died before I was released. Hospital swear it's now NHS policy...

Sunnybitch Sun 15-May-16 16:48:56

Don't think hospitals allow flowers anymore sorry op (allergies etc) sad

I too hope he makes a speedy recovery

MelanieCheeks Sun 15-May-16 16:51:45

I recently sent my daughter a "bouquet" of chocolate bars, which was very well received. Prestige flowers, was the company.

Blondie1984 Sun 15-May-16 16:55:45

Try www.notanotherbunchofflowers.com

Blondie1984 Sun 15-May-16 17:04:16

Baskets galore is another one to look at

AuntJane Sun 15-May-16 17:05:12

Most hospitals do now ban flowers. Chocolates or nutrition bars might be a good idea.

midlifehope Sun 15-May-16 17:08:40

Some great ideas thanks you - he loves chocolates so that sounds like a plan. Shame NHS bans flowers - they are so uplifting!

Birdsgottafly Sun 15-May-16 17:14:49

Do you know how badly he is affected?

I used to work in Stroke Care and we found baggy short sleeve t-shirts, better for sleeping in and general wear.

I wouldn't send chocolate, he may have started Warfarin and similar drugs and is going to watch fat intake.

You might need to do something, but he is finding the physical change and what's happened difficult, so I would try to find out more how things are.

Birdsgottafly Sun 15-May-16 17:15:22

X post, if he loves chocolate, then just go with that.

DaisyAdair Sun 15-May-16 17:23:19

M&S do a nice fruit bowl here

They have baskets too if your budget is a bit more.

haggard1 Sun 15-May-16 17:26:27

I sent my gran a short shawl, just to cover her shoulders when sat up in bed - but not to get in the way of drips, etc. Also took her in a Walkman and audio books - she didn't have the energy or comprehension for much. flowers I hope your uncle gets a good prognosis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now