Talk

Advanced search

To think the nose dropper thingy shouldn't come apart?

(6 Posts)
Cornettoninja Sun 15-May-16 15:14:18

Have I missed something? Is there a reason why the glass bit on saline nose drops should come away from the rubber squeezy bit?

I was dropping 5 month old DD's snotty little nose which is like wrestling a rabid octopus at the best of times, and the next thing I know she's got the glass dropper bit in her chubby little fist looking very pleased with herself.

I've had a good look at the bottle and nothing looks broken, it just pops apart, but I can't believe a product designed for babies and small children would be so flimsy?

Is there a reason the pipette would need to come apart? Does everyone else just know to straitjacket their kids before using this stuff?

MattDillonsPants Sun 15-May-16 15:31:14

Well to clean it I suppose....

Cornettoninja Sun 15-May-16 15:38:00

Hmm dd does have quite wide nostrils so it doesn't touch anything, I might be a tramp, but I wouldn't have thought it'd need more than a wipe.

MattDillonsPants Mon 16-May-16 03:54:57

Looking back I'm pretty sure I used to take them apart and soak them for a while to make sure no germs were on them. Noses are pretty rank...full of bacteria.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 16-May-16 05:03:45

Well it gets covered in virus-laden snot so a quick wipe isn't going to cut it!

steff13 Mon 16-May-16 05:51:21

Ours were always plastic, but they come apart to be cleaned. We cleaned ours after each use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now