Talk

Advanced search

To go to hospital?

(6 Posts)
PlasticRoses Sun 15-May-16 10:05:09

I fell down the stairs last night - sort of slid down and landed at the bottom laid on my right side.
My arm (and dignity) hurt at the time but I've woken up this morning and can barely move my right arm because it hurts so much.
I don't think it's broken as its not swollen or anything but I've never broken a bone so I don't know what it feels like! The pain is coming from just above the elbow on the outside and it feels hot to touch. I woke up laid on that side so maybe I've made it worse?

Should I go to hospital or just hope it fixes itself?

grumpalumpgrumped Sun 15-May-16 10:12:22

Do you have a minor injuries locally that xray? Ours doesn't xray at weekend but some do.
If not A & E, may have fractured your elbow

PlasticRoses Sun 15-May-16 10:23:00

There's a drop in here but it's rubbish - all they do is send you to A&E

FoggyMorn Sun 15-May-16 10:27:24

Go to a&e (or minor injuries if you have a local one and they have xray facilities).

You probably need an X-ray to exclude (or confirm) a fracture. Swollen and hot could be from a break, or torn muscle, tendon. YNBU to go and get it looked at.

grumpalumpgrumped Sun 15-May-16 10:29:10

Sorry to be doom and gloom, I walloped my elbow on concrete a month again nearly and it's still bloody sore! No fracture but tendons inflamed so guessing damaged in some way.
Lots of rest once it's been checked.

grumpalumpgrumped Sun 15-May-16 10:30:05

Ago not again, my phone seems to have the hump today and is substituting random words!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now