Talk

Advanced search

to think we are indeed

(65 Posts)
winkywinkola Sat 14-May-16 20:44:03

Leaving the EU?

It feels like a done deal to me. Everyone I know is voting leave.

Apart from me!

notamummy10 Sat 14-May-16 20:49:05

Hmm... I don't think it's a done deal if I'm honest.

I hope people do use their vote though, even if it's a spoilt vote.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 14-May-16 20:52:00

I don't know anyone who is planning to vote out.

I suspect you may be right though, nevertheless.

scaryteacher Sun 15-May-16 13:00:42

I am voting out.

fastdaytears Sun 15-May-16 13:01:22

I don't know anyone IRL who is voting to leave

WorraLiberty Sun 15-May-16 13:02:06

Almost everyone I know is voting to stay in.

katemiddletonsnudeheels Sun 15-May-16 13:02:45

Most people I speak to are voting 'out', however I suspect there is a strong issue of income at play which may result in us staying in.

silverpenny Sun 15-May-16 13:04:51

No - I reckon it will be about 55/45 % to stay in - vast majority of times in referendums people chose no change.

I think turn out will be bad though.

LiveLaughLoveDrinkGin Sun 15-May-16 13:18:37

Everyone in my close family is voting out, myself included. X

LiveLaughLoveDrinkGin Sun 15-May-16 13:18:55

No idea why I put an X lol I'm an idiot

AdrenalineFudge Sun 15-May-16 13:21:30

I do think the final result will be something with a minuscule percentage of difference so e.g 52% out. That said I'm still very divided on the issue. The more I read up about it the more I change my mind. I used to work for the European Commission and EU council so you'd think I'd be totally sold on the idea but I'm far from it.

Oysterbabe Sun 15-May-16 13:21:48

I think we'll stay in. The out voters shout the loudest. The in voters will just toddle along on polling day and vote for things to stay the same. Pensioners make up a massive % of voters and I think are more likely to vote in and less likely to be banging on about it on FB.

Tohaveandtohold Sun 15-May-16 13:22:39

Most of the people I know are voting out, me included

BaronessBomburst Sun 15-May-16 13:29:01

Now I'm voting out, but most of my FB friends are voting in.
I see this as my chance to send a message to Brussels that their unelected meddling in our affairs is not on.
And, as a British ex-pat living in Europe, the unelected and unwanted meddling in the affairs of where I live now. The EU is deeply unpopular in The Netherlands and people here are following the British vote with interest.

JugglingTheBalls Sun 15-May-16 13:32:50

It frightens me to think the uk will vote out.

I grew up on NI boarder and now live in ROI. Most of my family still live in NI and I travel there regularly twice it three times most weeks. It's only a few miles away.

I honestly hate the fact that my children my have to sit at armed check point the way I did as a child.

I am not political and couldn't give a fig who own NI but an active boarder will highlight tensions here again.

Both government have acknowledged that there will be a need for a boarder again if the uk leave

AdrenalineFudge Sun 15-May-16 13:36:58

I don't know Baroness It seems the Dutch are taking quite a pragmatic view of this, like they do with most things tbh, but the problem is all this talk of a 'Reformed Europe' - it's absolutely bollocks. It takes donkey's years to get anything through the Commission and they are highly resistant to change or adapting to the changing needs of the member states.
The problem is the British have always sought to be the different, read difficult one wanting special treatment and not to follow the rules as enshrined in the treaties. Treaty change is next to impossible and I think people realise this.
I have a friend that's voting to leave just to see what sort of carnage will happen confused. But people shouldn't think an Out vote will render it a glorious new day. Practically speaking it will take years to fully excavate ourselves from EU ties.

AdrenalineFudge Sun 15-May-16 13:38:28

Cameron doesn't want this. He was practically bullied into it and probably wishes he'd re-thought his election strategy.

peggyundercrackers Sun 15-May-16 13:39:09

I'm voting out as are most people I know. I don't think I know anyone voting to stay. I think we will stay though but a small majority.

TheHiphopopotamus Sun 15-May-16 13:40:30

I think we'll stay even if though I'm voting out.

The odds at the bookies are very much in favour of staying in, and apparently that's a better predictor than any poll.

witsender Sun 15-May-16 13:41:06

Most people will vote in, better the devil we know. I'm totally bewildered.

OublietteBravo Sun 15-May-16 13:41:15

I'll be voting to stay in.

Immigration is good for the UK - people who have the motivation to emigrate generally work hard and contribute to the economy of the country they move to.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sun 15-May-16 13:56:41

I don't know any out voters.

The kippers were out in force with their leaflets around here yesterday, I didn't see many folks talking to them which was encouraging.

AndTakeYourPenguinWithYou Sun 15-May-16 14:00:16

Nobody will vote leave. Lots will say they will, but they won't. Too scared.

It's a big leap to take when you have no idea whats on the other side.

nonline Sun 15-May-16 14:18:21

I know a lot of people who will vote out - the same people who have voted for UKIP (horrifically popular here). The only explanation anyone ever gives is immigration, but there is so much more to consider.

maisiejones Sun 15-May-16 14:59:56

Penguin. You are wrong. I will certainly vote to leave and I'm not scared to do so. Many of us are old enough to remember life before the EU got it's meddling paws on us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now