To wonder if there is anything I can do about excess noise?

(10 Posts)
katemiddletonsnudeheels Sat 14-May-16 18:09:08

My home backs onto a woody area with a stream and a metal bridge.

Since summer has started the noise has, to be frank, been bloody awful and at the risk of sounding like a stereotype, it is teenagers screaming, singing, playing loud music from mobiles, running across the bridge (which is very noisy!)

I tried asking them nicely to make less noise once which backfired as now they are even noisier!

Yet they aren't actually causing any harm, but do I really have to put up with it?

specialsubject Sat 14-May-16 18:41:40

I don't see why. Have a chat with the council on Monday and see what they think could be done.

A gap in the bridge maybe....

katemiddletonsnudeheels Sat 14-May-16 18:49:17

If only! Will be council be interested though (private property)?

specialsubject Sat 14-May-16 22:27:13

Yes, noise nuisance still counts. Probably a long process but get started and dont be fobbed off. Perhaps your neighbours would also like something done?

CodyKing Sat 14-May-16 22:57:44

Get the teen app of the high pitched noise only teen can hear!

Do you know any dirty old men to peep over your fence for you?

How about nude sunbathing?

Start singing badly?

Smoke fish - some take hours!

Plant wild garlic

Teens hate being spied on - buy binoculars and bird watch?

Give them alcohol to move on?

Errrmmmm - run out of ideas!

Could you round up some mners friends to go out and 'join' them? "Ooooh, it sounds like you're having such good fun we thought we'd come and join you. I've bought my flask. Would you like tea? Jam sandwich? What's this music then? I do like it"

HungryHorace Sun 15-May-16 09:47:25

That reminds me of a sketch from The Mary Whitehouse Experience with Hugh Dennis: 'Hmmm, what's this? It's got a good beat!'

I think going to join them would definitely have the desired effect.

But, if you really want to do something about it, you can get noise-reducing fence panels which you can see on the side of the motorway where houses back onto the road. They're wood with Rockwool inside which is a really good sound insulator. (You can do similar indoors with batons and a different type of Rockwood slab.)

#previouslifesellinginsulation

katemiddletonsnudeheels Sun 15-May-16 09:48:14

I get that it's a joke smile but going to join them would excacerbate the situation hugely.

Some evenings it goes on from about 6 to way past 11.

CodyKing Sun 15-May-16 15:52:21

I do think you being visible would help - why not set up a little bbq? Few chairs and friends would see them move on to "another" location.

DD regular hangout is being heavily policed at the moment - lull in crime! The aim is to stop antisocial behaviour rather than detect it - they turn up anytime and search the kids for alcohol or drugs!!

Worth ringing the neighbourhood police and say your worried?

If it's private land - who's is it? Does it belong to a house?

silverpenny Sun 15-May-16 16:00:17

Yep call 101 especially is you suspect alcohol being consumed - safer neighbourhood teams are usually really helpful with stuff like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now