Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect everyone to watch this video?

(7 Posts)
littlemonkey5 Sat 14-May-16 15:10:28

Coming up to a busy roundabout today and on my left DH said "stupid woman", I looked over and she was full on texting whilst driving, fully taking her eyes off the road whilst moving forward and steering with her knees!!!

Maybe it was good for her that I did not have time to have a word with her but I wish I did!!!! Grrrr!!

This video is excellent, there isn't any smashed cars or anything but it really makes the point. I don't think it should be a joke either. A 10 minute mandatory part of the driving lesson or test and the point will have been made.

When you get in a car, you are operating a potential deadly weapon, I don't get why people think they are safe to operate it without 100% concentration?????

littlemonkey5 Sat 14-May-16 15:11:03

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbjSWDwJILs

the link would help

FrogFairy Sat 14-May-16 16:20:10

There is an excellent video on YouTube called BBC Cow which is half an hour long and really hits home the effect texting and driving can have. I think it is a must see for all drivers but especially youngsters.

araiba Sat 14-May-16 17:50:56

im not going to watch it

littlemonkey5 Sat 14-May-16 18:43:14

could you let us know why araiba please? It's a 'top gear' / '5th gear' type driving hidden camera video thingy......

It needs to be seen and shared

araiba Sat 14-May-16 21:30:00

if you need a video to tell you why texting/ calling whilst driving is a bad idea, you shouldnt be driving in the first place

NeedACleverNN Sat 14-May-16 21:32:11

What araiba said

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now