Talk

Advanced search

Husband not listening!!!

(4 Posts)
Mamawingingit1234 Fri 13-May-16 23:38:15

AIBU to get angry at my husband for not listening???

For example Sunday night he's doing the lock down while I put baby to bed. I reminded him to close the livingroom doors to stop the dog going on the sofa (he's a lab and sheds EVERYWHERE) I get up on Monday morning (note he's in London for 3 days) to dog puke on the landing upstairs - because the husband didn't close the stair gate and to dog puke on the sofa!

Or to just 10 minutes ago when I went upstairs to change a nappy and found her last dirty nappy on the changing table! It seems whenever he changes a nappy he leaves it out.

The other main one is actually not listening to me when I talk. I will wait like 5 minutes for a response.

Then he get annoyed that I'm annoyed! So it's either I'm a nag or I spend my days cleaning up after him, the baby and the dog!

BackforGood Sat 14-May-16 00:09:59

I'm not sure why you are having to tell him these things in the first place. Is he not capable of realising for himself ? confused
It doesn't sound like an issue of not listening - he needs to be able to notice what needs doing himself . Leaving a used nappy lying around is gross.

Mamawingingit1234 Sat 14-May-16 00:36:22

Apparently not! He's an actual man-child!! Yes the nappy thing REALLY gets to me. He usually does the nighttime and morning nappy changes so sometimes I find a few nappies out 😱

DoughNut12345 Sat 14-May-16 00:45:41

My husband is like this too. Constant micro-managing is required. No common sense at all. Frequent and unnecessary arguments. Is 43, has a degree and a very responsible job....but can not put a duvet cover on a duvet confused. Has driven me bonkers for the last 18 years. We're getting divorced now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now