Talk

Advanced search

a petty and boring, but annoying, sunblush tomato related question

(15 Posts)
sixinabed Fri 13-May-16 09:31:46

This is silly and petty but here goes.

Yesterday dp finished the sun blush tomatoes and put container without lid and full of oil beside the sink.

I gave kids a picnic tea in the park yesterday evening to avoid having to clear up mess in the kitchen because I was exhausted, because I have a lingering cold (been going on for over a month) and not getting enough sleep, looking after 4 kids, you know.

To be fair dp also has lingering cold, does not get enough sleep and suffers from depression - is mildly depressed at the moment.

This morning he set about to take things out of sink so he could deal with tomato oil but accidentally knocked it over so it went all over the side, then he flounced off saying I should have sorted it last night (he was out doing a hobby and came back late). I was left to clear up the oil - I had no choice really as the side is wood so you can't leave smelly tomato oil to soak into it.

So, who was BU here (I may show him this thread if no ones too harsh)

Coldtoeswarmheart Fri 13-May-16 09:33:56

He IBU.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 13-May-16 09:34:15

He was! Why the hell didn't he just throw it out at the time?! I'd never leave empty packaging out on the side all day for DP to clean up, how flippin' lazy!

chibsortig Fri 13-May-16 09:35:49

Your Dp should have cleared it away he used it and dumped it so therefore it is his fault he knocked it over.

whois Fri 13-May-16 09:36:36

He finished the pack, he didn't deal with it there and then, h knocks it over and somehow it is YOUR fault? What a toad. Depression is no excuse for being nasty.

This is why anything like that goes into the bin with the lid on.

RainbowsAndUnicorns23 Fri 13-May-16 09:39:44

Hi grin

I hate it when my OH leaves bowls/cans/plated with food/drink/whatever still in then for me to clear!

IMO he should of either popped the lid on last night if he had no time to sort it then or just sorted it straight away.. I too would be pissed at having to clean up spilt oil or whatever else up after anyone that isn't my DS.

Sometimes I feel like my OH is an extra child!! grin

acasualobserver Fri 13-May-16 09:39:47

Leaving things on the side is an annoying habit, full stop. Put it in the bin, dishwasher or cupboard as appropriate.

sixinabed Fri 13-May-16 09:43:34

To be fair I also leave things in the side - a bad habit I should break, but I would not expect him to clear it if something I left spilled. Sigh.

OptimisticSix Fri 13-May-16 10:01:18

He is BU, okay to leave it for later to deal with but not okay to blame you. You neither left it there not knocked it over it's utterly ridiculous to blame you in any way. He owes you an apology.

DoreenLethal Fri 13-May-16 10:03:28

Why should you sort it out?

Honestly, he will hopefully come back and apologise but if he doesn't, you need to find out why he thinks you are his servant.

Porcupinetree Fri 13-May-16 10:04:29

You are both BU.
I believe you will find the correct disposal process is to gratuitously sprinkle said sunblush oil liberally over a handmade pizza.

DoreenLethal Fri 13-May-16 10:20:42

I have one of these in the fridge, bereft of tomatoes - I use the base oil to cook veg that I am going to turn into pasta sauce. I'd never throw it out! Or yes to sprinkling over one of my pizzas. Which now I think we will be having for tea tonight.

sixinabed Fri 13-May-16 10:34:56

Yes indeed - wasteful to chuck it. Good ideas for using in future, thanks smile

ScrambledSmegs Fri 13-May-16 10:37:36

He is BU. I don't really see how he could turn this into your fault? It makes no sense. He finished the tomatoes. He left the empty pack on the side, uncovered. He then knocked it over. He should have cleaned it up.

None of that is anything to do with you. Unless he genuinely believes that it is your role as skivvy to run around after him picking up his shit. In which case he needs his mummy, not a partner.

sixinabed Fri 13-May-16 10:58:27

His mummy does not expect the clean up after him and would pull him up on it grin

It is a silly petty incident - but annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now