Talk

Advanced search

Some one ate the last muffin, now im scared.

(29 Posts)
wonderingsoul Fri 13-May-16 07:09:36

Ok so normal i dont get scared over wooooy stuff, for example i have a kettle that randomly turns out. Electrical thought i thought but now im considering its a ghost that just like tea or coffee.

Last night i put my children to bed. I then went to bed shortly after they was all asleep. Ds2 slept in my room and ds1 is in a coma once hes asleep so doesnt wake up easly.

There was a muffin id set aside in the living room yesterday, was there after boys was asleep, i woke up in the night, it was chilly so i shut the windows in my 1 floor flat. Went into the living room about 12ish and ths muffin is gone.

I know it wasnt ds2. Ds1 has said it wasnt him, i believe him as not was he fast asleep he also doesnt like the muffin in question.

Now im scared iv got a muffin eating / tea drinking ghost or people screactly living in my attic.

SouthWesterlyWinds Fri 13-May-16 07:11:17

Do you have an animal as I caught my big fat cat stealing crumpets the other day?

wonderingsoul Fri 13-May-16 07:14:59

I have a cat, but there is no mess any where like youd think a crumble muffin would make if a cat got to it. It was also in the tray with plastic over.also there is no sign if the paper that was wraped round it.

So unless my cat has mastered eating with out making a mess i dont think its her.

KittyKrap Fri 13-May-16 07:16:25

My friend's cat dragged a whole leg of lamb home one Sunday. I often wonder what the family who's lamb it was wonder what happened!

AnotherShirtRuined Fri 13-May-16 07:41:49

Do any of your boys sleepwalk? Do you? I once knew a girl who couldn't keep any type of cake or candy in the house as she would sleep-eat it during the night.

wonderingsoul Fri 13-May-16 07:47:02

My boys dont sleep walk, but i have been known to talk, thrash/fight in my sleep so i wouldnt rule out myself sleep walking and eating.

A leg of lamb shock id be mighty pissed of. I heart lamb. Gyess it beats bringing home dead birds it mice lol.

Arfarfanarf Fri 13-May-16 07:50:44

One of your kids got up and ate it and is denying it. grin

Either that or you ate it and dont remember.

Or the cat proudly hunted it and you'll find it hidden somewhere really weird in about 3 weeks grin

MewlingQuim Fri 13-May-16 07:50:53

My cat had a whole chicken away once, I found it behind the sofa.

And she picked chops out from under the grill angry

MTPurse Fri 13-May-16 07:52:02

I walked into the kitchen once to see a full loaf of making its way across the floor and disappearing into the utility room. When I popped my head round the corner there was no bread stealing ghost but my cat slowly moving it towards the cat flap. I'd say it was your cat grin

SouthWesterlyWinds Fri 13-May-16 07:52:27

It's amazing how dexterous cats can get when they want something. However if there's a lack of wrapper and if you find it in the bin, then someone is telling porkie pies as I've never know a cat to put away their rubbish.

PlumPurple Fri 13-May-16 07:53:35

So your windows were open while you were sleeping? Someone could have gone in and eaten them. Did you check the house to make sure nothing else was taken or someone hiding under a bed or something?

PortBlacksand2016Resident Fri 13-May-16 07:54:42

My cat once bought in a dead mouse ... complete with the mousetrap it died in. Now that's lazy!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 13-May-16 07:56:00

DH's aunties cat helps herself to packets of crisps! She can actually open them grin

Tiggywinkler Fri 13-May-16 07:56:41

Have you seen the Whitechapel episode where the killer is living in the walls of the house and eating his victim's food? No? Just saying. grin

wonderingsoul Fri 13-May-16 08:00:03

Plumpurole. I live in a first floor flat on a semi busy and crowded road so i feel quite safe leaving windows open, itd take a ladder to get up there.. but i do admit checking behind doors and every room before going back to bed though i suppose it wouldnt be outragousr for a bird to fly in and grab it as it was on a side table near the window.

Theres no wrapper in the bin but once iv taken them to school i will have a hunt for ethier muffin or wrapper. ..

Cat is a inside cat with no access to outside so its got to be in the house some where.

CocktailQueen Fri 13-May-16 08:02:35

A crisp-packet-opening cat! Now that I would love to see.

The odds are on the cat, rather than someone in your attic. Have a good look round for the muffin/wrapper/evidence when your dc are at school!

wonderingsoul Fri 13-May-16 08:03:59

Portblack- that proper made ne laugh. I can imagin it was quite happy with itself too.

Tiggy..... thank you...... i wont sleep for a week now.. and i feel the need to make a food inventory.

Oysterbabe Fri 13-May-16 08:06:35

My cat once proudly dragged in a cooked sausage through the cat flap.

Must be one of the kids.

fieldfare Fri 13-May-16 08:10:54

I'd put money on it being the cat.
My Dh had been eating some mini mince pies at Xmas and instead of putting them away properly, he put the lid on and left them on the footstool.
Next morning, ddog won't make eye contact so I know he's done something but can't see what!
Later on I go to have a mince pie with my coffee and they've all gone! I figure Dh has nabbled them so I tell him off for being greedy and not saving me any, he denies it. I figure Ddog must have eaten them?! It was confirmed when I tidied up his bed and found the little cases hidden under his blanket!
How he got the lid to bend back and not make any marks is beyond me!

StealthPolarBear Fri 13-May-16 08:16:52

Field fare that is brilliant!

CrownofStars Fri 13-May-16 08:33:44

One Halloween we had lots of those mini packs of Haribo left over and I put them away in a drawer. When I went to snaffle one to have with my cuppa there were lots of empty packets and no sweets. I blamed the kids but it turned out that the dog could open the drawer and the tiny packets, then scarf down the sweets and close the drawer behind her. We caught her doing it a few weeks later.

Oh and my MIL's cat once came home with a plastic bag containing 3 very nice steaks. Turned out they belonged to next door. 😆

tibbawyrots Fri 13-May-16 08:36:13

My cat would swipe a sausage from under the grill while it was cooking 😳

chanelfreak Fri 13-May-16 08:54:28

Yep, it's your cat OP! One of my feckers can open the 'goodie' press and we regularly find choc bars (unopened thank God), bags of crisps, biscuits, etc in random places around the house. Sneaky brats. Oh and my cats can stand on the switch thing on the electric kettle and turn it on. They really are tiny wankers.

OliviaStabler Fri 13-May-16 08:56:03

I heard a noise in my kitchen one day and walked in to find next doors two cats eating sausages that I had just cooked and was leaving to cool. They got in through a small, high up window that I'd left open. No idea how they managed to get to the window and through the tiny gap but they looked like they were loving eating my lunch!

IAmNotAMindReader Fri 13-May-16 09:24:54

When I was small we had a cat that loved cherry cake but not the actual cherries in it.So if ever anyone left any out they'd come back to a nice shiny pile of cherry pieces and not a crumb of cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now