Talk

Advanced search

nursery naps

(8 Posts)
mediocremumatherbest Thu 12-May-16 21:15:58

My 2.5yr old daughter attends nursery 2 days a week, full days, at the start she still napped during the day for no longer than an hour before 1pm, nowadays I don't let her nap if I can help it as it disrupts her bedtime routine. I don't mind her napping for a short time as I know it's a long day but I have a feel they're just letting her wake whenever she likes, sometimes for 2 hours! I've already said something a couple of months ago, subtly, but it's obviously fallen on deaf ears. AIBU to request no naps? She doesn't nap at home during the day anymore as I've deliberately put a stop to it.

RandomMess Thu 12-May-16 21:19:33

YANBU but it's no big al, you just need to tell them that she's not to have naps anymore. You can't drop hints they require clear instructions!

CheesecakeWarrior Thu 12-May-16 21:28:58

What Random said!

mediocremumatherbest Thu 12-May-16 21:44:47

I agree. My daughter gets free placement as I'm a single mum on low income and I suppose I just felt I had no right to question their methods but I've had enough now. Tomorrow I will say something, tactfully but clearly.

Barbadosgirl Thu 12-May-16 21:56:39

OP, it doesn't matter whether you are paying for a place or not you have the right to make reasonable requests of nursery. It is not so much their methods but you knowing best when it is time to drop the nap. We recently asked nursery to stop our son's nap as bedtime was becoming a nightmare. He is the same age as your daughter.

Hero1callylost Thu 12-May-16 22:04:40

yy what Random said, just tell them what you need matter of factly, no tact/embarrassment needed. They should have no problem waking her up after a certain time.

crazywriter Thu 12-May-16 22:06:34

NU just tell them. They may not get hints and need a direct request for length of nap

RandomMess Thu 12-May-16 22:13:05

I'm not sure you need to be "tactful" this is a very typical request around this age.

"Hi DD is not going to sleep on the evenings when she's had a daytime nap, please can you stop letting her have a nap from now on. If she does fall asleep please can you make sure she is woken after 30 mins"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now