Talk

Advanced search

To be very annoyed with this hairdresser

(11 Posts)
Thornyrose7 Thu 12-May-16 18:47:12

I took my dd ( age 6)for a haircut and checked online for the prices. For under sevens it was £11. Fine I thought. My daughters hair needed a fair bit of sorting out and the stylist made quite a big deal about the previous haircut etc etc.
Now, when it was almost finished, the stylist turned to me and said, would you like me to finish it off and wash and dry it so you can see the difference. O.k said, expecting to pay a bit more.
So, we get to the cash desk and they ring up £35. I was shocked. I pointed out that this is for an under 7 year old and could they check. Ok then, they said you can pay £30. The till receipt said haircut for 7-11 cut and blow dry. I do like her hair cut, but I left feeling stung. I know I should have checked but I am bloody annoyed that it was so much. AIBU?

Snazmeistage Thu 12-May-16 19:00:44

That's crazy. Complain.

MakeItRain Thu 12-May-16 19:17:48

Yes complain! Take your receipt and tell them she's 6.

Veterinari Thu 12-May-16 19:23:02

Well it's a bit late now! Why didn't you state at the time that as she's 6 you were expecting to pay for an under 7s haircut rather than hand over £30?

Thornyrose7 Thu 12-May-16 19:24:40

Thanks for your replies.I did tell them that she was 6 and that's when they knocked off £5 making it £30. It was because she had it washed and dried but I feel so cheated.

Thornyrose7 Thu 12-May-16 19:46:12

I have just checked the website.
Girls under 7 £11
Girls 7-11 £16
Girls cut and blow dry under 13 £33.

So maybe the till receipt is a red herring. But what I am annoyed about is that they persuaded me to wash and blow dry it without a warning. But yeah, I feel pretty stupid to be honest.

kvilebu Thu 12-May-16 19:50:42

Is the extra 24 pounds the cost of the wash and blow dry?
I find it a bit cheeky actually. The hairdresser should have made the price clear when she offered you the extras. They saw an opportunity to make extra money.
I would have felt cheated too. I have been stung a couple of times in the past (not at the hairdresser's) and now when I am offered something extra I always ask how much it is going to cost. (Usually it costs a bloody fortune......). Then I can choose to decline the service if it is too expensive.

OwlinaTree Thu 12-May-16 19:54:42

Wow, that's pricey! Does it look nice?

I think I would have expressed my disappointment at them not being clear about the extra cost when they offered the blow dry. I certainly wouldn't be going again.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 12-May-16 20:22:50

Well congratulations to them on the smart Alec stupidity, as They've just lost further custom from yourself, and perhaps others too, because. You will talk in RL you're bound to.

HormonalHeap Thu 12-May-16 20:48:32

Wait till she has highlightsgrin.. I remember dd then 16 came skipping out of salon with a bill for £130.

Very underhand the way this was done but unfortunately all too common.

Thornyrose7 Thu 12-May-16 21:11:16

Glad that most of you thinks it was underhand. Livinalighthouse- true, we will NEVER go back because I hate to feel ripped off.
Hormonal - yikes! Did you have to pick up the bill for those highlights?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now