Dr Shehata NK Cell treatment - Please share your success stories!

(8 Posts)
Lou2016 Thu 12-May-16 16:28:58

Following 4 pregnancy failures and not yet lucky enough to be a Mum, I am now currently under the care of Dr Shehata (just started). When I am ready to ttc again, I have the steroids at ready (Prednisone). My Natural Killer cell results came back as "High" plus I also have Graves antibodies.

I know there have been many successes within Dr Shehata's clinic and he really is a highly rated expert in the NK vs Miscarriage field.

I would be so grateful to hear if you are one of Dr Shehata's success stories or know of anyone who has been successful under his care?

Thanks for sharing....

AndTakeYourPenguinWithYou Thu 12-May-16 16:42:22

You'll find quite a few in the relevant section. Try the search facility as well.

Lou2016 Thu 12-May-16 16:48:38

Thanks Penguin (if I am use for short) smile. I have already searched and could not find anything recent (only posts put up around 5 years ago). Do you know the thread names and whether they are recent success stories?

Lou2016 Thu 12-May-16 16:48:56

(if I may use for short even) !

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Thu 12-May-16 18:06:03

Hi lou I had three miscarriages before going to dr Shehata. I'm due on Sunday, so yes there are lots of success stories.

Women under dr s or following similar treatment have already gone through 17 threads on the conception board, this is the latest

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2533463-Immune-natural-killer-cell-treatment-when-ttc-or-pregnant-aka-the-18th-pred-thread

Hope the link works, come join us! smile

PinguForPresident Thu 12-May-16 18:27:37

My 4-year-old-son is a Shehata success story after 4 miscarriages.

The treatment was eye-wateringly expensive, but he's worth every penny and more!

Lou2016 Thu 12-May-16 19:59:19

Snoopysimaginaryfriend - thank you for coming back and sharing your story and massive congrats to you, that's so good to hear. Thanks also for the link... i have some reading to do but all worth it. Wishing you all the best for Sunday!... not long until your miracle bubba will be in your arms! smile Is this your first baby?

PinguForPresident - thank you too for sharing your success, Shehata is expensive but of course worth every penny if he gives you the dream. Wow 4 years old, that's a lovely age. Is your son your first?

Thanks again for sharing ladies smile

NickyT100 Fri 04-Nov-16 21:40:43

Hi all,

studies prove no link between natural killer cells and miscarriage, please read this official nhs guidance before embarking on any treatment.

www.hfea.gov.uk/fertility-treatment-options-reproductive-immunology.html

There are many consultants out there who have been offering treatment since 1999 and within the 17year timeframe they have been unable to offer any evidence of its effectiveness. Any consultant offering treatment is at best misguided & at worst a charlatan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now