Talk

Advanced search

To take the best pastries? (Light hearted)

(5 Posts)
EsmeraldaEllaBella Wed 11-May-16 16:40:47

Lidl only had two of those new toffee yum yum pastries left. Have you ever tried them? They are like a donut, soft pastry with toffee icing and caramel sauce in the middle...mmmm! Anyway I wanted to buy two of them as last time I only bought one and instantly regretted it! But they had just 2 left - very small, maybe could have been accidentally touched by another human and one looked like some of it had already been ripped off and eaten... I noticed (by looking...) that there was a whole new box in their oven. So instead of getting the 2 rubbishy ones I spent ageeeees doing my shop in the hope that by the time I came back the new ones would be out. They weren't sad but th shop assistant was putting out new pastries so I waited around and pretended to browse (and really browse. I bought more chocolate...) hoping he'd put more out. He didn't. So I reluctantly took the 2 that were left. However as I slowly moved away he came back and noticed they needed restocking so I did some more "browsing" and came back to take 2 more - and wow! they looked delicious. Big and round and never before touched by a hungry customer. So I eagerly bagged 2 up and on my way to the till I discarded the bag of the 2 inferior toffee yum yums in another isle by plonking them down as I walked past...

Was IBU? My tummy says no... grin

DartmoorDoughnut Wed 11-May-16 16:47:01

Can't think properly after reading that discretion BUT I am going to Lisl tomorrow now so you're not unreasonable for the tip about the pastries alone!

DartmoorDoughnut Wed 11-May-16 16:47:20

Discretion?! Description!

nah, you earned them hanging around that long, think I may have left the bag next to the actual pastries though rather than at a random site in the shop and i would have bought 6

so I could share natch likely story

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now