phone noises

(13 Posts)
CoveredInBeeees Wed 11-May-16 14:40:23

I mean, why why why would you leave the clicky noises on for when you text? What purpose? Why don't you realise how irritating and pointless they are, random person?

And also, why would you leave the massively loud message notification noise on in, say, a restaurant, when you are staring at the phone constantly anyway? You cannot possibly miss a text in these circumstances, so why annoy everyone?!

AIBU if I grab said phone and throw it into a deep muddy puddle outside?

FucksSakeMargaret Wed 11-May-16 14:48:47

I HATE THE CLICKY NOISES. They even made me cry once. OP I'll back you up when the police come for you for throwing both phone and owner in a river a muddy puddle.

TheHiphopopotamus Wed 11-May-16 14:55:09

I hate the clicky noises also! DH deliberately leaves them on, on his iPad because he knows it pisses me off.

I'm thinking of LTB.

LurkingHusband Wed 11-May-16 14:57:47

I suspect the real reason is a vast majority of people have no idea how to configure their devices smile.

But they'll say they like it that way grin.

CoveredInBeeees Wed 11-May-16 14:57:50

grinThanks for the hand hold you two.
I really want someone who does it to explain why. I am flummoxed.

StarryIllusion Wed 11-May-16 15:01:54

I can't type properly without the clicky noises. I have to have some kind of auditory feedback. Don't see the point of having it turned up loud when you are staring at though.

NewRags Wed 11-May-16 15:54:19

This never used to bother me until I spent 7 hours in A&E next to someone that was CONSTANTLY texting, I mean the bloke never even looked up from his phone but he had the most annoying message sound and used to wait for the sound to finish before clicking on the actual text wtf?! it was one of those annoying "message..message...messaaaaage. MESSAAAGGEE!" novelty voices and constant click click click that drove me completely bonkers and I almost gave him a better reason for being in A&E.

FlyingElbows Wed 11-May-16 15:58:01

Mine is on silent all the time. I like peace but its a bit of bugger when I lose the stupid thing!

Beepbopboop Wed 11-May-16 16:01:39

Yanbu angryangryangryangry
Especially on the train. Gives me rage.

wasonthelist Wed 11-May-16 16:07:55

Keypad tones are for annoying people only.

DaveCamoron Wed 11-May-16 16:09:07

My mum has the keyboard noises on, pisses me off no end.

notamummy10 Wed 11-May-16 16:09:21

I love the clicky noises from the keyboard! Especially when you type fast.

Cutecat78 Wed 11-May-16 16:50:00

We have someone at work who does this, and has a really long loud text noise (as do I but I put my fucking phone on silent at work).

Beyond irritating. Also totally ignores you while texting and launched into Monolugues you cannot avoid looking like you are listening to while I am trying to work.

She's like that women out of Catheine Tate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now