Talk

Advanced search

To consider moving to weymouth?

(6 Posts)
Abbinob Tue 10-May-16 18:56:10

Via home swap thingy
Someone wants to move here so I could swap and I sort of really want to BUT I don't know anything about the area at all, job wise I only work in a supermarket anyway so I'm sure I can do that there too but I do hope to have a better job when ds is at school and I know where I live is pretty good job wise (berkshire, commuter town) but no idea about weymouth?
Am I being stupid? All my family etc live here so wouldn't have much support bit if I'm ever going to move out of this town I'd rather do if before ds was at school, he's 2 now

coffeeisnectar Tue 10-May-16 18:58:49

Weymouth is lovely. It's a beautiful town, gorgeous beaches, masses of lovely countryside around it and so much to do.

Jobs wise I'd suggest looking online but I'd certainly move if I were you. I live further along the coast (about 45 minutes from Weymouth) and we love it. The summer is amazing, just being able to drop down to the beach most days with the kids.

airedailleurs Tue 10-May-16 19:00:33

coffee what is Portland like please? House prices seem very reasonable there and it looks like the kind of place I might retire to!

Abbinob Tue 10-May-16 19:03:38

I really want to, always wanted to live near the beach and I think it'd be so nice for ds to grow up there and now is probably going to be the easiest time to move really as ds is only almost 3 and I'm 25 so plenty of time to make a life somewhere else if that makes sense, rather than wait 10 years and have to worry about career/schools/friends etc

bubblegurl252 Tue 10-May-16 19:28:05

Definitely do it. Weymouth is beautiful! I live in Poole and still holiday in Weymouth, I love it there.

bubblegurl252 Tue 10-May-16 19:29:56

I really couldn't recommend it enough, it's a lovely place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now