Talk

Advanced search

That the lifeguard should do something

(6 Posts)
ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 10-May-16 17:15:46

At DS swimming lesson watching from the side there is a boy (not in the lesson in the general swimming area I would say approx 9/10) he appears to be unaccompanied. He has white shorts on they can't be official swim shorts as they have gone completely see through! To make it worse he keeps getting out and walking around the side so there are a lot of people who can see. When the lifeguard passed me I told him the situation and he said there was nothing he could do. Surely he can't just let the poor boy continue he seems completely oblivious bless him. Wwyd?

TormundGiantsbabe Tue 10-May-16 17:18:41

He would probably be mortified if anyone pointed it out to him. Ideally, someone would tell his parent but if they aren't there then I'd do nothing.

InternationalHouseofToast Tue 10-May-16 17:23:52

I'm not sure what a lifeguard could do. If a parent was there they could suggest they buy replacement shorts from the reception but without an adult to buy replacements his choices were wear them or get out.

The lifeguard wouldn't have access to a spare set of trunks for him to wear.

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 10-May-16 17:24:57

It would be really embarrassing but I thought the lifeguard might have had a quiet word with him. I suppose the lifeguard might feel uncomfortable doing that as well but he could have asked if his parents were here somewhere? Hope he leaves soon for his sake.

MaryPopped Tue 10-May-16 17:45:22

If he's wearing normal shorts rather than a swimming costume then lifeguard can tell him he needs to wear proper swimming attire. That's happened at our pool when a family tried to go swimming in their pants!

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 10-May-16 18:05:05

That's kind of the lines I was thinking along Mary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now