Talk

Advanced search

Is this an issue? Preschool related

(10 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Tue 10-May-16 09:43:29

Preschool asked me to take in dd's potty as she wouldn't go on the ones they have there so I brought an extra one and took it in.
Yesterday morn when we arrived I took her to their toilet but someone had already weed on it so I had to clean it out- fine they can't police who uses which potty but this morn when we arrive we went to toilet and it had been closed since yest- lights off, all shut off and her potty had been used again for not just a wee this time. Aibu to think this is a bit grim it should have been cleaned out yest? I know it wasn't her as she only does morns and we went again when I picked her up at lunch time.
Am I being precious? I'm really funny about things like this so it's hard to gauge if I'm over worrying about it all but it just seems grim

WanHeda Tue 10-May-16 09:46:54

They left a shitty potty overnight?

nilbyname Tue 10-May-16 09:58:24

I would be very unhappy at the distinct lack of toilet cleanliness. That's a worry.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 10-May-16 09:59:31

It was a wee and skid marks <boak>

nilbyname Tue 10-May-16 12:27:03

Yep I would be having a word with them about it.

hazeyjane Tue 10-May-16 12:31:32

YANBU.

That is gross. Anything like that should be cleaned up immediately.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 10-May-16 12:37:56

YNBU. It's no wonder your DD won't use the toilets. Neither would I.
Leaving piss and shit over night. Goodness knows what germs are hanging about.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 10-May-16 12:58:14

I did tell them this morn that her potty was a mess but it wasn't her who left it like that and could they make sure she went once it was ready for her to use but they kind of laughed it off I'll see how it is Tomo sad she's only there a few more weeks (she's moving preschool during the summer hols) so don't want to kick up too much of a fuss on one hand but I need it to be hygienic for dd and don't want her stressed anymore during potty training

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 10-May-16 14:19:08

Tbh I think it's out of order that they've asked you to provide a potty as your dd won't use theirs and it's not left ready for your dd to use. I'd be removing it every day when you pick dd up and take it in when you drop her off if you feel strongly about it.

If they can't be bothered to clean a potty out of also be worried they wouldn't be encouraging hand washing either.

My twins were at preschool when they started potty training and knowing that preschool only had 2 potties, I bought another 2 from pound land to donate to preschool to make sure they had enough, but that was my choice and done to ensure mine had a potty available when they needed one as much as anything. They were monkeys at home and usually wanted to go at the same time.

kali110 Tue 10-May-16 14:29:08

Minisoksmakehardwork agree

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now