To think theres something more going on with this takeaway?

(24 Posts)
summerdreams Mon 09-May-16 21:09:02

I'm putting this here as someone else might know, there's a takeaway company called deliverance that has diffrent kitchen and delivers to most places in london. Well the one near me has been saying when I type in my postecode in to there website kitchen is being serviced. I've tried for around 5 weeks and still says the same I'm suspisous. Why not juat say it's closed down what are they doing to a takeaway kitchen for 5 weeks?

curren Mon 09-May-16 21:15:28

Having it refitted and it's taken longer than expected?

If they are having to have electric work and a full refit it can take a long time

araiba Mon 09-May-16 21:15:42

maybe they haven't updated the website?

or it burnt down?

or everyone in the takeaway was kidnapped by aliens?

or maybe the kitchen is being serviced?

as a responsible member of society, you should immediately call mi5, fbi, cia, kgb, david cameron and gordon ramsay so we can get to the bottom of this

is it the only food place in london?

NoFuchsGiven Mon 09-May-16 21:17:53

Maybe not worry about them and order elsewhere?

Why would you even try again after the first message? confused

summerdreams Mon 09-May-16 21:21:33

It's the kind of place that delivers all diffrent types of food and wine. The reason I tried again was because it said be back shortly. Its getting to me are they gone forever in my postecode why wont they tell me.

Its one of them things I havn't ordered from them in months but the more they tell me I can't have it the more I want it. sad

BarbaraofSeville Mon 09-May-16 21:21:38

There's a takeaway in our village that's been undergoing refurbishment for months. The man in the chip shop next door says they're doing it as time and money allows.

There's so much competition in London that it must be hard to make any money and I'm sure there's somewhere else that does a similar type of food.

summerdreams Mon 09-May-16 21:22:06

I know of no other place that sells what they do!

summerdreams Mon 09-May-16 21:23:44

No but thats the thing they have kitchens all over london just the one near me its just one company.

BillSykesDog Mon 09-May-16 21:25:38

Our local Pizza Hut switches the website to out of service and only takes phone orders when they're really busy.

BillSykesDog Mon 09-May-16 21:26:08

Have you tried deleting your cookies in case it's a technical glitch?

sidewindersleepstonight Mon 09-May-16 21:26:52

We used to order from deliverance at my
Office. It's mostly food served in vacuum packed plastic containers. The pastas and curries are nowhere near as good as M&S ready meals. The salads are ok. We don't use them anymore.

SallyVating Mon 09-May-16 21:27:36

I just had a look.. I got the same message so either we're in the same kitchen area op or it's the whole thing down.

Then again I never even got to put in my postcode so it must be the whole site down.

0phelia Mon 09-May-16 21:32:53

I've used them in the past. Weren't impressed TBH! Just had a look too and it does seem like the whole website is down.

CerseiHeartsJaime4ever Mon 09-May-16 21:33:15

It's a front for drug trafficking, obviously (my DM's standard response to anything a bit strange)

summerdreams Mon 09-May-16 21:36:46

I've just looked and now the hole websites down but for 5 weeks I've been putting in postcode and getting kitchens being serviced. I actually know where the kitchen is I always see the motorbikes coming out of it.

I like there spicy chips with harrissa mayo, I also like there sushi though I prefer somewhere else but like being able to get foods from diffrent groups there peri peri chickens nice also.

I had not ordered from them in like 9 months but now I can't have them I really want to know what the hells going on. grin

BYOSnowman Mon 09-May-16 21:41:02

Maybe they are suffering because deliveroo has really boomed recently

Stillunexpected Mon 09-May-16 21:46:22

Aren't there loads of companies that do this kind of thing now? Surely it doesn't have to be just this company?

chipsandpeas Mon 09-May-16 21:48:43

if its close by why dont you just pop in and ask

AdrenalineFudge Mon 09-May-16 21:48:53

I once ordered from Deliverance, never again. The food came packaged like it was plane food and tasted bland. Never again.

There's a shit load of places. Give this one a wide berth.

ZigAZigAhh Mon 09-May-16 21:51:40

They're closing down. From their FB page:

After 19 years in the food delivery business in London we are turning off our our ovens and hanging up our pans.

The huge and rapid changes in the food delivery market have impacted our business to such a degree that we sadly have to close all of our beloved kitchens.

We would like to thank all our customers for coming with us on the journey. We will miss you all.

BusStopBetty Mon 09-May-16 21:52:39

Sadly their Facebook page says they've closed.

Emily7708 Mon 09-May-16 21:53:01

They have ceased trading OP, as of 6 May. It's on their Facebook page.

summerdreams Mon 09-May-16 22:08:25

They could have said even now there website says be back up shortly thankyou for letting me know. sad

AnotherPrickInTheWall Mon 09-May-16 22:34:59

I never get take outs except the odd chippy meal once in a blue moon.
Some years ago I had some neighbours, all males.
There was a lot of cooking smells coming from their house and their cars would come and go at all hours.
I also noticed piles of catering sized tins and containers in the yard.
One day my fence panel blew down and I had a clear view into their kitchen.
I could see someone cooking and a pile of foil containers near the stove.
Being a nosey cow, I became absorbed in their activities, and realised they were cooking orders for delivery. The house in question was in no way suitable for commercial catering.
I do think there is a lot of this sort of thing going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now