Talk

Advanced search

to not want to shop on very.co.uk again?

(12 Posts)
twocultures Mon 09-May-16 18:44:05

Sorry for long post.
A few weeks ago I was going on holiday and couldn't find a dress that fits me right (felt a bit self conscious as haven't managed to loose all baby fat yet). I found a perfect one on very.co.uk and decided to buy it, the size I ordered didn't fit right in a couple of places but I really loved the dress so I sent it back and ordered another 2 in 2 different sizes to try on just to be safe (I spoke to a customer service adviser and they encourage you to do that as they do "no hassle returns") and paid for next day delivery as was worried that they won't arrive on time.
When they arrived the first one I tried on was perfect so I didn't even bother trying the second one on and just sent it straight back. A little while later there's a courier at my door with a parcel with the dress in it! There's a note saying there's a stain on the dress and they refuse to take it back. I check the dress and indeed there is a teeny tiny little stain....but I never touched the dress...so does it mean they sent me a dress previously tried by someone else without checking it and now are blaming me for it?
I don't know but the dress was expensive so I decided to try and dispute with customer services, I explained the situation and also pointed out that I did buy a dress from them that I kept and also expressed my concern about the fact I didn't touch the dress they sent back to me and it had a stain on etc.
Received email back saying it had a stain on so they won't accept it and if I try to send it back to them they will charge me £15 and send it back to me again.
Really generic email with no trace of their great customer service that I received when I was actually buying stuff from them and none of my questions addressed or answered in any way...
I was pretty upset that I couldn't get my money back as I said the dress was expensive and it was one of the only things I saved up for to buy for my holiday and now I paid double.
I left a review on their website (nothing sweaty just a bit dissapointed) and lo and behold they actually censor and check their reviews and only post the good ones on! So obv my review never even made it to their website. But it just seems a bit like cheating as I usually rely on reviews and their products mostly get 5* which is a lie as they just don't post the negative reviews...
AIBU to be put off from buying from them in the future just because of the review censoring?

Keely93 Mon 09-May-16 19:21:04

Yer I'd be pretty bloody annoyed about that too! All of it!

HmmmHashtag Mon 09-May-16 19:26:02

Ring them. And play merry hell. Surely they can see from the packaging that you didn't even open it? Usually clothes come in sealed plastic don't they and you have to cut or tear them open?

JuxtapositionRecords Mon 09-May-16 19:34:20

I was going to say the same as hashtag although they have obviously opened it so that still leaves their word against yours. Don't let it drop, keep on at them. I wonder what would have happened if you had opened it and seen the stain.

Can you go on social media and ask why they have deleted your comments on the website? That's really shitty actually, surely there must be some code of practise that they can't just keep the positive reviews up as it's very misleading?

karalime Mon 09-May-16 19:43:21

I have dealt with some absolutely disgusting returns and even then we would usually refund rather than waste time on back and forth emails.

State that you returned the item to them unworn and in original packaging, hence you were unaware of the stain. Send it back tracked and give them your tracking number, and you expect a refund once delivered.

Then say that if you have not received your refund within 14 days you will open a PayPal claim/credit card chargeback.

Much to my annoyance, if you have paid by PayPal it is virtually impossible for the seller to win in these cases wink

CancelTheCheque Mon 09-May-16 19:50:25

No, they are awful. Just keep trying. I had trouble returning something for a refund after I couldn't cancel it in time, it took two months to sort out. I emailed my complaint repeatedly (rephrasing and referring back to previous emails) until it got the correct result. I plan to never shop there again.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 09-May-16 20:45:50

YANBU.... But just to wade in I've never had a problem with a Very and I have a large account with them blush

allegretto Mon 09-May-16 20:47:35

Can't you do the same and refuse to accept it?

PeanutButterLips Tue 10-May-16 01:13:27

A friend of mine orders off very, several times she had had to return things and mainly because they are already damaged!
It seems they send out returned things without checking first!

PerspicaciaTick Tue 10-May-16 01:18:46

Very is the only company where I have been a victim of fraud. I only shopped there once, then someone used my Very account to buy stuff and send it for collection at a newsagent's shop in London. It was very, very stressful and I haven't shopped there since. I don't shop at Woolies online now either, since they've been taken over by Very.

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Tue 10-May-16 01:53:50

If you paid by PayPal, open a case. If not email the CEO of very and you'll get a quick result!

twocultures Tue 10-May-16 10:39:53

There's been some really good suggestions thanks! I would've probably done them if I posted on here sooner but it was quite a while ago now and I think if I could've done something I should've acted quicker.
I ended up selling the item online as I wanted to get at least part of my money back.
I was just shock at it all as they have all these ad campaigns running and they kind of put themselves up there with littlewoods and whatnot and then it turns out they screen their reviews before they get to the website and only post the good ones on! I just felt cheated especially because I usually rely on reviews before purchasing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now