Talk

Advanced search

Was I rude?

(13 Posts)
DreamCloud99 Mon 09-May-16 09:06:48

I think I've just committed a social faux pas blush

One of my twins had to take a plastic milk carton in to pre school today for a project .

I'd completely forgotten about it until we got to the gates .

I'm stood with three other parents ; when it became obvious that myself and another of the parents had forgotten the milk bottle .

One of the parents said they had two and there would probably be other spares .

I politely asked if she would mind if I took her spare one to give to my DS and she seemed fine with it .

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the other parent with no milk carton shoot me a look . It dawned on me that maybe she thought I was being a bit grabby? By asking the other parent for the milk bottle.

As it turns out , another mum turned up with another spare and so the other parent got one too .

Was I rude ? blush

EatShitDerek Mon 09-May-16 09:08:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fieldfare Mon 09-May-16 09:15:05

You weren't rude at all.
She was probably annoyed that she didn't ask first! Playground politics are not something to trouble yourself over.

Janeymoo50 Mon 09-May-16 09:19:53

You got in first. You snooze, you lose.

NoahVale Mon 09-May-16 09:22:58

of course you werent rude

NoahVale Mon 09-May-16 09:23:14

i am sure the school had spare

Artistic Mon 09-May-16 09:26:23

grin am sure she was more annoyed with herself than you for not having asked quick enough.

Pinkheart5915 Mon 09-May-16 09:28:16

You politely asked first, not rude at all the other parent was just annoyed they wasn't as quick

blindsider Mon 09-May-16 09:29:22

The early bird...

DreamCloud99 Mon 09-May-16 09:30:44

grin

I felt like I had stabbed her in the back with the milk bottle ! shockgrin

(The other parent isn't just a random other at the gates - we are friendly - if that makes a difference confused )

NoahVale Mon 09-May-16 09:32:09

perhaps she was wanted a smile about how you both forgot grin and how lucky you were. if you are friendly why are you worrying?

DreamCloud99 Mon 09-May-16 09:36:03

I think because we were both a bit annoyed with ourselves that we forgot , we both discussed it and asked other parents if they had brought one in ..... Then I piped up and asked for the spare . I wondered if I had been rude blush

willconcern Mon 09-May-16 09:41:48

I think if this is all you've got to worry about, then life is rosy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now