Talk

Advanced search

to think that a potty in a trolley is a step too far?

(242 Posts)
homeiswheretheginis Sun 08-May-16 22:55:00

Saw a woman with her two small girls going into the supermarket. She casually told the smallest to pop her potty in the trolley.

I felt sick. I try not to package vegetables etc, but rather put them unwrapped straight into the trolley in a bit to do my tiny bit for the planet. But never again. The idea of residual faeces in the trolley (having landed there when a potty was left there...) ending up on my food repulsed me.

AIBU or is that utterly revolting and unacceptable? Food goes in supermarket trollies, not receptacles for human waste...?

EatShitDerek Sun 08-May-16 22:56:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SouperSal Sun 08-May-16 22:58:22

Don't you wash the fruit and veg before cooking/eating them?

NeedsAsockamnesty Sun 08-May-16 22:59:33

Rats piss all over trolleys

BlueberryJuice Sun 08-May-16 22:59:34

Ewww thats disgusting! YANBU!

OwlinaTree Sun 08-May-16 22:59:49

Well, I think given people push them with their hands and probably spread all sorts of germs through touch, the potty would be the least of my worries.

Why did she need a potty going round the supermarket? They have toilets in most supermarkets?

gunting Sun 08-May-16 23:00:04

What the Fucking hell

YANBU

Samcro Sun 08-May-16 23:00:45

yanbu that is beyond weird

WhoDrewOnTheWall Sun 08-May-16 23:01:54

Was it a used potty? Maybe she'd just bought it and youngest was carrying it, they nip into the supermarket and she tells her to pop it in the trolley rather than carry it around.

MadamDeathstare Sun 08-May-16 23:02:38

acasualobserver Sun 08-May-16 23:04:54

Agree, OP, that is truly vom-worthy. Did you say anything?

BillSykesDog Sun 08-May-16 23:05:40

Are you sure they weren't buying the potty?

MadamDeathstare Sun 08-May-16 23:07:19

TheFairyCaravan Sun 08-May-16 23:07:25

YANBU, that's just nasty.

WhoDrewOnTheWall Sun 08-May-16 23:09:34

did you say anything?

hmm

Why would she?

And isn't it common sense to wash your fruit and veg anyway because trolleys aren't clean

Medusacascade Sun 08-May-16 23:10:27

I disagree. The mum who ignored the toilets and let her daughter shit in a potty in the middle of a busy train carriage this week was a step too far.

LeaLeander Sun 08-May-16 23:16:18

Yanbu. Disgusting, low-class and inconsiderate of others.

homeiswheretheginis Sun 08-May-16 23:25:02

Of course I wash fruit and vegetables! But that doesn't make it ok! Human waste should be kept far far away from food.

It was a portable potty, she was obviously potty training her child (they were getting a trolley at the entrance at the same time I was).

Honestly, beyond appalling. Really surprised that so many people don't have a problem with this...

DioneTheDiabolist Sun 08-May-16 23:25:29

YANBU OP. I thought I'd seen it all when I saw a toddler peeling in a bottle in a shopping centre that had toilets, a supermarket with toilets and a load of cafes with toilets. In fact it would have been easier to find a toilet than an empty bottle in the place.

Peeling in a potty in a trolley is just minging.

squiggleirl Sun 08-May-16 23:25:35

Hang on. I'm assuming the potty didn't actually have wee and poo in it, in which case it was clean. What's wrong with putting a cleaned piece of plastic in a trolley.

How many people handle trolleys? How many children climb all over them, with who knows what on their shoes?

How infrequently are trollies cleaned? Why would you put your unwrapped veggies in something not in any way clean?

homeiswheretheginis Sun 08-May-16 23:26:36

Ps no, I didn't say anything. But I wish I had! I did shoot her a death stare but it glanced off her entitled face...

UterusUterusGhali Sun 08-May-16 23:26:39

Have you never read "cube of poo"?

TweeBee Sun 08-May-16 23:27:38

Yes I reckon they had bought it into supermarket and we're going to carry it in trolley but presumably rush to loo if it was needed. You make it sound like the child was using potty in the middle of the shop!

TweeBee Sun 08-May-16 23:28:45

Horrors! Were instead of we're of course. YABU though.

homeiswheretheginis Sun 08-May-16 23:29:23

As it happens, there are no loos in that supermarket (which is a very naice supermarket). Presumably she knew that and so the potty was just in case. But that part is irrelevant as I can't know her intentions. What had me seething was her placing a potty in a trolley used for food shopping...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now