Talk

Advanced search

To find smug pregnant women annoying (light hearted)

(150 Posts)
ilovemakeup86 Sun 08-May-16 21:44:22

Sorry to offend anyone just need to have a vent blush I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child, but I can't help but get annoyed with smug pregnant women grin I don't feel smug at all, most days I want to give the world the finger lol.

Does anyone else find the 'we're pregnant' (puke) & naming the unborn baby with names like peanut & piglet so bloody annoying grin & when pregnant women walk around holding their bump just really irritating? Maybe it's just me confused hormones raging wink oh & signing cards from bump confused I could go on and on ... grin

ollieplimsoles Sun 08-May-16 21:47:48

flowers congratulations on tour pregnancy!

Yanbu to an extent, I think people have the right to feel happy they are pregnant and act how they like.

But the 'we're pregnant' crap always gets me for some reason..

TheSuspiciousMsWhicher Sun 08-May-16 21:49:20

Have you heard the song 'Pregnant women are smug' by Garfunkle and Oates? YouTube it. Genius grin

Writerwannabe83 Sun 08-May-16 21:50:01

The only thing I did from your list was hold my bump, I just loved knowing he was in there and I couldn't stop stroking it.

The "We are pregnant" really annoys me too grin

LadyAntonella Sun 08-May-16 21:52:21

Yanbu re "we're pregnant" and the cute nns. Bit irksome imho, but whatever, they're happy so let them get on with it. smile

GipsyDanger Sun 08-May-16 21:52:52

Lol I used to pat my bump a lot, but only because he was sticking his arse out and it was the only way to get him to shift grin

80schild Sun 08-May-16 21:53:23

I never understood the "we are pregnant". I was very clearly the pregnant one not DH. Although you say lighthearted OP I sense a bit of underlying frustration. Am I right?

WordGetsAround Sun 08-May-16 21:55:47

YAsoNBU. I hate smug pregnant people for all the reasons you mention - and more!

ilovemakeup86 Sun 08-May-16 21:55:58

Ooh glad it's not just me lol. grin
Oh I also forgot the pregnancy photoshoots with the husband doing a heart shape with his hands over the bump grin

TheSconeOfStone Sun 08-May-16 21:55:58

YANBU. I was happy to be pregnant as a means to an end but didn't enjoy it. Nothing serious just sick and tired the whole time. And very grumpy.

Maybe it was jealousy that some women love pregnancy, or more likely that I can't stand twee shite. My bump was just 'the baby'. Signing cards from the bump has always struck me an odd thing to do.

frikadela01 Sun 08-May-16 21:56:26

Yanbu about anything apart from the holding the bump. I'm 30+5 and have taken to holding my bump for a short time everytime I stand up purely to stop me from weeing myself. It's almost like I have to ease my bump back into position which I know sounds weird.

originalusernamefail Sun 08-May-16 21:56:41

I used to hold my bump a lot, it was so massive and wobbly it felt like it would drop off blush.

ilovemakeup86 Sun 08-May-16 21:58:48

Oh I must mention I totally understand being heavily pregnant holding belly I did that too, just in early pregnancy when you're hardly showing hmmgrin

redexpat Sun 08-May-16 22:01:09

Omg YES look up pregnant women are smug on YouTube. It will not disappoint.

Rpj16 Sun 08-May-16 22:06:11

YANBU

I tried (and failed) to hide my bump most of the time because I didn't want the fuss. Now when I see smug pregnant women, I just think, 'if it's your first time, you really don't know what you are in for.. labour is nothing like we are told, not as bad, but totally not like you expect'.

Smug first-timers who talk about having all these labour devices, (I was one of them, over-prepared for labour, underprepared for the reality) When it comes down to it, there's no dignity whether you are smug or not! And all you will care about is getting the baby out safely lol.

Ps. Congrats, it really is wonderful though. You're own special journey with a wonderful cuddly reward!

Rpj16 Sun 08-May-16 22:08:07

ooh 2nd cuddly reward!! re-read OP (I will not be 'smug' in any way 2nd time round, haha)

TheSconeOfStone Sun 08-May-16 22:08:21

Just watched Pregnant Women Are Smug. Brilliant.

multivac Sun 08-May-16 22:10:36

Blimey. There really is no end to the inventive ways women will find to be snide and judgey about other women, is there? And adding 'light hearted' and all the smileys in the smileybox makes it all ok! Yay!

unimagmative13 Sun 08-May-16 22:13:31

I sat next to a couple who just touched each other all the fucking time. Like she was carrying gold. It was so smug.

They held hands and she rubbed her bump.

Watch out for these types and stay well clear.

JassyRadlett Sun 08-May-16 22:16:28

I love Pregnant Women are Smug.

I never got the chance to be smug with either pregnancy. With DS2 any hour I wasn't specifically vomiting was a total joy. And no, 'we' weren't pregnant. I was pregnant.

We gave the first foetus the occasional ironic nickname, which probably irritated the shit out of some people. But we also referred to him as 'the foetus' which seemed to upset some people, despite being extremely accurate.

And yes, I am no doubt bitter and jealous about those women who got to float through pregnancy and enjoy almost every minute of it. The joy of DS2's birth was nearly matched by the feeling on waking up the next morning and realising that I was actually hungry, I didn't feel sick and I could eat anything I wanted to. My joints are still fucked up 6 months later, though.

Karoleann Sun 08-May-16 22:17:58

I think growing an actual human inside you in pretty damn impressive...especially the first time you grow one. I did feel a lot less impressive by number 3 though.

My baby growing days are passed, but I quite like seeing glowing pregnant women and they should feel smug.

MadamDeathstare Sun 08-May-16 22:18:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FirstWeTakeManhattan Sun 08-May-16 22:19:15

Blimey. There really is no end to the inventive ways women will find to be snide and judgey about other women, is there?

This. Some unpleasant comments here. I'll leave you all to it.

FellOutOfBedTwice Sun 08-May-16 22:19:38

I have a smashing toddler DD- I was sick every single day I was pregnant with her and had four spells in hospital with that alongside anxiety and an infected wisdom tooth that also put me in hospital. I am 25ish weeks with my second and if anything, this pregnancy is worse. I fainted in Wilkinsons today. I missed the Masterchef final on Friday because I had my head down the toilet. I have a sinus infection now- my fourth in six weeks. YANBU. Smug pregnant people can fuck right off.

FirstWeTakeManhattan Sun 08-May-16 22:19:41

bold quote fail

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now