To ask here for traffic R.E levonelle

(8 Posts)
vanillabeauty Sun 08-May-16 18:05:25

So I did something stupid, and took levonelle (morning after pill) Friday morning. No side effects really, bloating bit of cramping on Saturday. Today I have developed a pain in the right side of my chest. Not particularly linked with breathing in or out, also not constant, when there I would rate the pain as 5/6 out of 10. It is a sharp pain. I can't visit my doctor tomorrow (my friend had a pill she ordered on the internet but ended up getting one locally as it took so long to be delivered, so I took that one, so didn't seek medical advice before taking it 😳). I have been very stupid, please no judging ( 🙄 Silly request in AIBU). Has anyone taken it and experienced this pain?

Pineapplemilkshake Sun 08-May-16 18:17:02

Do you feel breathless or if you take a deep breath in, is the pain worse? Also can you check your pulse and is it fast? If yes to any of these, I would recommend seeing a Dr asap, and don't leave it until tomorrow.

SirRodneyEffing Sun 08-May-16 18:20:34

Chest pain warrants a trip to a&e to check nothing sinister is happening.

britnay Sun 08-May-16 18:23:36

[[ www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/17040 here ]] is the patient information leaflet for levonelle. Chest pain doesn't seem to be mentioned. If I were you, I would ring 111, or perhaps try and find a pharmacy that is open.

4. Possible side effects

Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.

Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):

Feeling sick (nausea)
You might have some irregular bleeding until your next period
You might have lower abdominal pain
Tiredness
Headache

Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):

Being sick (vomiting). If you are sick, read the section ‘What to do if you are sick (vomit)’.
Your period might be different. Most women will have a normal period at the expected time, but some may have their period later or earlier than normal. You might also have some irregular bleeding or spotting until your next period. If your period is more than 5 days late or is unusually light or unusually heavy, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
You might have tender breasts, diarrhoea, feel dizzy after taking this medicine.

Very rare effects (may affect up to 1 in 10000 people):

Rash, urticaria, pruritus, swelling of the face, pelvic pain, painful period

vanillabeauty Sun 08-May-16 18:25:12

My pulse is about 70, not breathless but the pain increases when I press on my chest. My car is currently in the garage so getting anywhere to see a doctor will be hard, I will phone 111 I guess, just don't want to waste time if it is a common side effect. Thank you for the quick response

UnmentionedElephantDildo Sun 08-May-16 18:38:02

To put it bluntly, you have no idea what you have taken, because it is a pill from the Internet.

And after taking it you experience chest pains. Which are not a side effect of the drug this tablet purported to be.

Ring for proper medical advice this evening.

britnay Mon 09-May-16 11:33:02

Did you get yourself checked out OP?

vanillabeauty Mon 09-May-16 13:14:18

I did, feeling throughly stupid, pulled muscle and possibly not helped by anxiety! Lesson very much learnt, thanks for all the replies and adviceblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now