Talk

Advanced search

My neighbours kids are trespassing and causing damage to my garden and house

(11 Posts)
alysoncraine Sat 07-May-16 16:08:13

Don't know what to do. Lived in my house for 25 years, 23 of them very peacefully but since my EX friends daughter and her 2 kids moved next door myself and my 10 year old son are being tortured to death literally, they have a shared fence and they are constantly be unfinished on the trampoline and firing balls to my garden at full force and have broken my lounge window glass and frame twice and run across my garden breaking plants and trees and have broken into my shed and smashed all my late husbands thing plus lots of out door lights and decorations am I allowed to do any thing at all to stop this as the police haven't really been any help at all I have had countless arguments with the mother and they are there from early in the morning until late at night please some one help

SaturdaySurprise Sat 07-May-16 16:19:01

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/problems-where-you-live/anti-social-behaviour-in-housing/

HeffalumpHistory Sat 07-May-16 16:35:16

I know you say the police aren't much help but keep reporting incidents.
Can the local authority do anything?
Speak to CAB?
Make sure you're noting all incidents.
Do they rent? Report to landlord?

I didn't want to read & run as dealing with nightmare neighbours myself. Hopefully someone will be along soon with better advice flowers

HirplesWithHaggis Sat 07-May-16 16:59:16

Can you put up a six foot fence (usually the maximum height allowed by local councils) on your side of the border? Top it with a trellis and some fast growing plants, plant spikey stuff at the foot. Ask on the gardening forum here, they'll have advice about what works.

finnmcool Sat 07-May-16 17:05:02

Do you have a safer neighbourhood police team?
In my experience, they were much better than the 'general' police for dealing with issues like this.

dalmatianmad Sat 07-May-16 17:06:24

Get a tazer they'll soon stop!

alysoncraine Sat 07-May-16 17:14:08

I spoke to their housing authority and they said I need proof but these kids and the other 20 she some times has in are very street wise and sly . They are criminals bred by criminals and they know their rights , thank you for your reply, I will keep records but when I have called the police they have said unless they catch them or there is evidence recorded there is little they can soon lay talk to them.

MeDownSouth Sat 07-May-16 17:18:20

www.screwfix.com/p/swann-pro-a855-hd-bullet-security-cameras-2-pack/8036j ?

Absinthe9 Sat 07-May-16 17:20:51

Can you have cctv installed? It is remarkably cheap nowadays and the cameras are unobtrusive and cover a wide area. Most now come with a hard drive which stores the recordings for a period of time. Worth a try I would have thought.

AugustaFinkNottle Sat 07-May-16 17:21:35

Can you put a camera up in order to get the evidence?

MadamDeathstare Sat 07-May-16 17:25:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now