To be annoyed at doing nothing?!

(21 Posts)
Skittlesss Sat 07-May-16 15:09:48

Ok AIBU or is he?

We both work full time, office hours, it's Saturday and it's gorgeous weather and he doesn't want to do anything. He is just sat on the sofa reading his work book whilst the kids play. I've suggested going to an ice cream parlour that has farm animals etc, but no he is just sat there. Tomorrow we will be going to his parents house so not even like we can do anything then.
I'm feeling a bit depressed so have taken myself upstairs to lie on the bed. Crying a bit. sad feel pathetic.

Leigh1980 Sat 07-May-16 15:11:44

You could always go though and leave him behind? I'm sure as you are opening the door to leave, he will change his mind!

DawgDawg Sat 07-May-16 15:11:44

I would absolutely leave him indoors whilst you enjoy yourselves.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 07-May-16 15:11:51

Could you have taken the DC out yourself?

Unless there's a back story here I think it is a bit much crying because your dh doesn't want to go out for a couple of hours?

Leigh1980 Sat 07-May-16 15:12:30

Although to answer your AIBU, no one is being unreasonable as neither wants to do what the other wants.

DoreenLethal Sat 07-May-16 15:14:05

Take them out yourself.

When he mentions going to his parents tomorrow, just sit there.

Oysterbabe Sat 07-May-16 15:14:05

Why don't you go?

Skittlesss Sat 07-May-16 15:15:07

I think it's just a build up. I have chronic pain and a mobility problems which means I sometimes struggle to take both children out on my own as I can't run around with them. It's flared up at the moment which really gets me down and I'm fed up of being a shit mum who can't even walk to the park with her kids sad

PokemonMaster Sat 07-May-16 15:15:45

Bit of an over reaction on your part, I mean the crying part is there more to this? I work office hours and on a weekend often I just want to do sweet FA. I'm forever having people trying to guilt me for wanting to do this

Thenitnurse Sat 07-May-16 15:27:14

Fair enough OP

My ex was awful for this, sometimes you don't want to go out alone with the DC as per usual. It's nice to have some help, spend time with your husband too. Use to drive me mad. He'd be out the door like a shot with his mates though hmm

Can you arrange to go out on your own, "well you're here anyway so thought I'd leave DC with you?"

shiveringhiccup Sat 07-May-16 15:27:38

Can you compromise? He stays inside for an hour then you all go outside for a bit?

chickenowner Sat 07-May-16 15:32:20

I think you should take yourself out for a coffee on your own. smile

arethereanyleftatall Sat 07-May-16 15:34:27

Given your update, I would just go out myself.

arethereanyleftatall Sat 07-May-16 15:35:07

He isn't being u, neither are you. Horses for courses.

Oysterbabe Sat 07-May-16 15:37:47

Yep leave him with the kids and take yourself off somewhere nice.

Skittlesss Sat 07-May-16 15:38:18

I think I'm probably unreasonable in wanting to do something as a family and he doesn't, but I think tmw when he's wanting to spend the day at his mums it'll feel a bit annoying as we haven't done anything today (baring in mind we saw his parents on Monday and Friday just gone for a few hours).

Nannawifeofbaldr Sat 07-May-16 15:40:09

My DH gets a little very grumpy if he doesn't get out and about on a Saturday and Sunday. I like to relax with a book or potter.

The DC are happy either way.

We keep everyone happy by a combination of planning and compromise eg we spent the morning clearing out the garage and he has now happily taken himself off to the dump and charity shops while I tidy MN.

PirateFairy45 Sat 07-May-16 15:44:13

YOU ARE NOT A SHIT MUM.

You are doing the beat you can. And yes it is good enough.

Maybe let the kids playing in the garden with water balloons and then make mini pizzas for tea?. DD is 3 and loves making her own pizza's!

Hope you feel better xxx

Skittlesss Sat 07-May-16 15:47:53

Thanks ladies. We done have a garden at the mo but will have soon as moving in a few weeks. I keep telling myself things will be better then as can sit in the garden whilst the kids run around.

I don't really know what's wrong I just feel so down and I can't see why. Other than the pain everything seems OK in life and have a lot to be happy about but it's like I just can't besad

DoreenLethal Sat 07-May-16 15:52:35

Why does he get to decide what you all as a family do?

PirateFairy45 Sat 07-May-16 16:37:29

Honestly I'm jealous you have s garden for the kids to play in. I have to go to the park or my parents for my DD to get outside play X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now