Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you can identify with these thoughts/description of your thoughts?

(6 Posts)
AyeAmarok Thu 05-May-16 05:29:48

Wondering if anyone recognises this description of thoughts (and can hopefully explain it better than me).

Sometimes my thoughts (or my "view" of my thoughts) seem to all be really skinny (in physical size) and busy, in that they move around in my head like on a film that has been sped up, or like those news clips of a city where all the people walking to work are played in fast motion with the cars zipping about leaving a trail of light beams.

Other times they are really huge elephant-sized and like they've been inflated with air, and they sort of float around my head, like they are on the moon without much gravity, bouncing slowly up and down, getting nowhere very quickly.

And at the moment, they are normal sized, but all seem to be moving around my head but really far apart. Not busy, not slow, but just really distant from each other. Not as in a distance between thinking about things with some downtime in between, as there about 10 things in there at once but they feel like there is an ocean of space between them physically, even though they are in my small head.

I'm probably not explaining this well, but can anyone else identify with what I'm trying to describe?

It might be that I've lost the plot a bit. confused

winchester1 Thu 05-May-16 05:38:16

I get what you mean but I don't picture my thoughts. Sometimes I have lots and the flit in and out like your skinny thoughts other times i have a few big worries they are constantly on my mind like your elephants.

Outfoxed Thu 05-May-16 05:38:22

I get that first one a lot! Like my brain is on fast forward and I can't keep up with what's happening

Toffeelatteplease Thu 05-May-16 05:50:20

Google "how does ypur engine run?" And see if it rings a bell. The alert program was designed for children with special needs who have trouble with alertness (either under or over of both). Its all about activities to help maintain the right level of alertness. It may help

AyeAmarok Thu 05-May-16 06:31:40

I will Google that Toffee thanks.

Glad some of you recognise what I'm trying to say!

AyeAmarok Thu 05-May-16 06:31:44

I will Google that Toffee thanks.

Glad some of you recognise what I'm trying to say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now