To ask what should I do/send to two little girls whose kitten had to be put down.

(9 Posts)
Newjobwoes Wed 04-May-16 22:22:29

Friends had a lovely kitten, the girls aged. 6 & 4 adored it, sadly the kitten got run over and had to be put down. She was just over a year and the girls loved her, so they are both upset.

Should I send the girls a little something to say I'm sorry to hear about the kitten, I've babysat for them and we've all played with the kitten and had fun.

Any ideas on what to send?

Thanks

JaneAustinAllegro Wed 04-May-16 22:23:57

oh poor little things. I hope they get a new kitten very soon. For mine, sweets would almost certainly have masked the pain briefly. Wouldn't send anything cat related.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 04-May-16 22:26:35

I second the above. A little card, saying you know they are sad. A little treat. Sweets or a couple of quid and the instruction to buy their own sweets.
And be there to listen if they want to talk to someone without upsetting their parents.

gracienine Wed 04-May-16 22:45:23

Not quite the same but for my mum I sent a load of DVDs (that didn't have pets in the plot lines!), silly magazines and sweets. Maybe something they'd find really fun and exciting/distracting like a child safe curling iron to do hairstyles or something. Poor girls sad hard enough to handle as an adult!

gracienine Wed 04-May-16 22:46:10

I've just reread and realised a curling iron is a terrible idea for a 6 and 4 year old!! Haha. Sorry

echelon Wed 04-May-16 22:55:02

Bless you. You are obviously a very kind-hearted individual.

A card and some sweeties will help numb the pain a little I'm sure smile

PovertyPain Wed 04-May-16 22:59:07

I've just reread and realised a curling iron is a terrible idea for a 6 and 4 year old!! Haha. Sorry

Well their burnt fingers and ears would probably take their minds of the poor kitty.
Sorry.

All joking aside. Feel sorry for the wee souls, to have experienced the loss of a pet so soon. DVDs would be a good idea.

Newjobwoes Thu 05-May-16 05:53:38

Thank you all, I will organise today for them.

Such a shame

nobilityobliges Thu 05-May-16 06:25:52

I think you have to speak to the parents first to see how they're tackling it. I'm not sure sending anything is appropriate honestly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now