to divorce DH for this heinous crime??

(24 Posts)
WyldChyld Wed 04-May-16 21:59:33

After a bad few weeks, DH (bless him) brought me some chocolates which were lovely. He then nipped out to the shop and I asked him to bring some wine home - really looking forward to it.

He only bloody brought low-alcohol wine...

AIBU to divorce him for crimes against wine?

monkeysox Wed 04-May-16 22:01:07

Yanbu wine

Elledouble Wed 04-May-16 22:02:03

I'll send you some. We had a party recently and there's tonnes left - my partner is on antibiotics and I'm breastfeeding so our kitchen is full and there's hardly space to move...

Elledouble Wed 04-May-16 22:02:22

But yeh, LTB.

Leigh1980 Wed 04-May-16 22:05:30

Lol don't worry mine was worse!! It was my birthday and I'd been working all day and was really looking forward to celebrating with a bottle of wine. My DP said he'd buy the food and make my birthday dinner. I asked him to buy a bottle of wine. I get home and ask for my wine and he face palms himself and said oh I bought a butternut instead!! A fucking butternut!! How the hell could he get mixed up with a bottle of wine and a butternut. Disappointed was an understatement πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

WyldChyld Wed 04-May-16 22:10:48

How did he buy a butternut instead of wine, Leigh?! At least I can understand how DH did it ("the bottle looked pretty") but.... how?!

Littleorangecat Wed 04-May-16 22:11:14

I asked my husband to pick up some chocolate caramels at weekend as I was feeling sorry for myself. He brought back wine gums, I bloody hate wine gums (he loves them) angry YANBU

WyldChyld Wed 04-May-16 22:11:15

And thank you Elle, I will certainly make sure it doesn't go to waste!

Leigh1980 Thu 05-May-16 20:56:22

Ha ha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I've no idea, he's always getting things muddled up, but that definitely took the piss that time!

Chinashoes Thu 05-May-16 21:40:13

Poor OP, definitely divorce. today I was eating a chocolate biscuit (the last one) when my baby started crying. Realising it had suddenly got late I put the half biscuit down and hurried off to bath him, do bedtime routine etc. When I came back the biscuit was gone. I have actually updated my fb status to divorced am so cross (how old am I?)

summerdreams Thu 05-May-16 22:18:28

Ltb...

WyldChyld Thu 05-May-16 23:28:48

China you could legitimately smother him in his sleep for that! Horrendous crime. ..

I went and bought a proper bottle today - and two mates for company

sashh Fri 06-May-16 05:13:07

I'll send you some. We had a party recently and there's tonnes left - my partner is on antibiotics and I'm breastfeeding so our kitchen is full and there's hardly space to move...

Unless he is on erythromycin he can drink.

OP don't ltb but do lock him out until he comes back with proper wine.

Newjobwoes Fri 06-May-16 06:13:50

LTB, all of you, low alcohol wine, eaten biscuits, but BUTTERNUT!!!'

To the butternut PP, that's abuse, feel fee to PM me flowers

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 06-May-16 07:19:48

shock at the denseness of these men!! Especially the one who can't tell the difference between a squash and a bottle of wine... hmm

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 06-May-16 07:42:10

Kill him with HAMMERS.

Leigh1980 Fri 06-May-16 13:55:12

Ha ha πŸ˜‚ Newjob. The worst of it is he's even a chef! I said he should go to specsavers. 😳😎

Krampus Fri 06-May-16 14:40:20

A gourd of wine? That's the only association I can think of with the butternut squash issue.
Getafix used to give Asterix his potion iin a gourd.

OP that is a heinous crime.

Krampus Fri 06-May-16 14:42:35

Leigh give him this link

www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/projects/crafts-with-gourds-how-to-make-water-canteens-from-dried-gourds.htm

GrimmauldPlace Fri 06-May-16 14:46:02

YADNBU! At least he didn't come back with a bottle of schleur (sp? That shitty 'grown up soft drink' crap) instead of wine like my DH did. Years ago that happened and I still bring it up.

Crinkle77 Fri 06-May-16 14:56:45

Sashh you can't drink on Metronidazole either.

sashh Sat 07-May-16 02:12:15

Shit, I meant Metronidazole, what made me type rubbish? Well spotted Crinkle77

x2boys Sat 07-May-16 07:47:11

Was it deliberate or did he just not read the percentage often if I see a cheap.bottle of wine I think that's good value untill I realise it's 5%hmm I have been married to dh for 11 yrs and he still forgets I m not really a chocolate person in prefer crisps and even when he does remember he gets me some crap flavourconfused

Leigh1980 Sat 07-May-16 15:20:15

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Krampus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now