Talk

Advanced search

Heartbroken

(12 Posts)
Tryingtostayyoung Mon 02-May-16 21:13:20

Probably am BU but just need you lot to help me grow up and stop being a baby. DD3 has ALWAYS wanted me to take her to bed, she has very rarely asked for daddy to do it but has always complied if I'm not here so he's perfectly capable. About 2weeks ago he took her to be because I was out, in the morning she told me all about this amazing story that he told her, ever since then she will not let me take her at all, the only time was last night and that was only because she'd missed me as I'd been out for the afternoon/evening. I feel like he has stolen our special time even though I know how absolutely pathetic that sounds. I'm a SAHM so not like I'm short of mummy and DD time but I'm just sad. Am I alone????

ssd Mon 02-May-16 21:17:36

aww

of course YABU but you know that already

you've got years and years ahead to spend with your dd and you'll always be very very special to her

try to relax and be happy she has such a great daddy

thanks

gamerchick Mon 02-May-16 21:21:54

Ahh I understand man flowers but isn't it cool that daddy's feeling the love? She has 2 parents who she feels the love off. Its good.

RandomMess Mon 02-May-16 21:23:59

He hasn't stolen your special time. However YANBU to be sad.

Grief is a strange thing!

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Mon 02-May-16 21:24:05

I wouldn't worry. They go through phases like this all the time. My 9 year old regularly tells me he loves his Dad more than me. Meh

Tryingtostayyoung Mon 02-May-16 21:25:24

It's definitely good, I'm not angry at him; to be fair he's a bloody good story teller (I listened outside a couple nights ago to see what all the fuss is about, I was definitely stalking grin). The thing is so many nights I used to just try and get in and out with bedtime not really enjoying it and now she doesn't want me to do it I'm so so sad and I just miss that special time that I definitely took for granted. I'm so pathetic I want to cry sad

anorakgirl Mon 02-May-16 21:25:57

See it as time to yourself esp as you are a SAHM. Use the time to do something nice for you. YANBU you just have to rethink it!

tibbawyrots Mon 02-May-16 21:30:40

Daddies can do great stories for DDs. My ex would monster hunt in her bedroom for hours and she loved it. That bored me, but I'm not the most maternal mother ever.

You shouldn't take it personally, your DD has found out that Daddy is great too and wants to hear his stories - she loves you just the same.

I can understand how you're feeling pushed out though, you need to find another time that is mummy-DD time. Please don't feel badly, your DD doesn't mean to upset you. smile

thecatsarecrazy Mon 02-May-16 21:50:52

When I pick my boys up from school they say " is dad home tonight?" And when they realise its just me they moan. I don't take it personally its because dad isn't evil like me making them eat peas and do their homework grin

magratsflyawayhair Mon 02-May-16 21:55:58

My daughter won't let me do bedtime most of the time. I could be sad but I remember how special having my dad do bedtime was for me, especially as he worked all day. I have such great memories, and I just have different ones with my mum.

Tryingtostayyoung Wed 04-May-16 20:32:00

All good points, it just makes me sad, good idea to try and fill the free time with something other than just feeling sad about it!!

SwingingFromTheChanderlier Wed 04-May-16 21:23:16

You will feel the same each new era they enter. Totally normal and manageable however emotional it is. As you know YABU and in the kindest meaning get a grip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now