Talk

Advanced search

Just eat it!!!

(9 Posts)
onlyslightlyinterested Mon 02-May-16 17:06:51

Aibu, to think I can serve one meal that doesn't get pushed around the plate, and questioned. ' what is it?'. ' Have I had it before?'. ' What are all these bits?'.....Just eat it!!!!!!!!

IamlovedbyG Mon 02-May-16 17:13:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

onlyslightlyinterested Mon 02-May-16 17:21:20

I made pesto crusted cod loin. You'd have thought it was dog food, on the plate!! The thing is the little sod loves cod, and pesto, but apparently together, they are the work of Satanhmm

Playduh Mon 02-May-16 18:27:44

Tell me about it. Appears that the 739th bowl of porridge is extremely suspicious.

Asaaagggggghjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjj.

insideout Mon 02-May-16 18:28:50

'It doesn't look like normal' no darling its a slightly different recipe
'Are you sure I'll like it?' Yes I'm sure ( honestly how the hell would I know just try it)
'This pink fish doesnt taste like salmon, I like salmon not this' it is salmon and I cooked it exactly the same as last time.
Just three meals complained about this week, I call that a successful week grin

teacher54321 Mon 02-May-16 18:31:55

Ds likes pizza express margarita pizzas from sainsburys. So I bought one today. He picked at it and then complained it was too 'spicy'.

TeaBelle Mon 02-May-16 18:34:56

Pesto is vile though

Titsywoo Mon 02-May-16 18:37:55

I made ds Moroccan honey chicken a couple of weeks ago and it was deemed too spicy. Made it for myself yesterday and he was hanging around asking too try. This time of course it was lovely and "can I try a bit more?". Leave my dinner alone!

Cookingongas Mon 02-May-16 18:50:13

It's soul destroying isn't it? I love cooking but the constant criticism and questions have taken the joy out of it. I made exactly what each child asked for today ( one tomato toastie, one bowl of pasta with spinach) and it was a relief. I never make more than one meal, and have never pandered to different requests before, but not having to think, or care, about their dinner choice has been great. Might make it a Sunday tradition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now