Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to know the end of the story?

(26 Posts)
Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 09:51:19

Lots of interesting threads on MN with sound or sometimes bizarre advice given. But only occasionally does the OP get back and let us know what they decided to do and what the outcome was.

I've got loads of threads on 'I'm watching' or 'I'm on' dangling without conclusion.

Please please if you ask a question come back and let us know what the end of the story is!

Skittlesss Mon 02-May-16 10:05:18

YANBU at all. I am the same. Unless we are both unreasonable?!

Crisscrosscranky Mon 02-May-16 10:08:32

I posted about being cross with my husband going to pub in evening of our DD's birthday. He was home at half ten, she had a lovely party the next day and I just got my AF. I was definitely being very unreasonable grin

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 10:48:40

Thank you crisscross. I'm glad things worked out well for you!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 10:55:14

I posted about being sad to have to go back to a 'proper' job after years of being SAHM or minimum wage. I was told rightly to put in my big girl pants and crack on!

So my CV has had interest from recruitment consultants but no interviews yet. Proper campaign to start after DS's GCSEs.

redexpat Mon 02-May-16 10:56:10

Good update crisscross.
I want updates on so many! The sister who was expected to work Xmas day for third year runny because she didn't have children. The woman who was waiting for the passports to come back from the home office before divorcing her H. The woman who had 400 posters screaming at her to dump with boyf that she felt she had to put up with - i think it started with dog poo on his shoes? Can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 11:06:51

And lots of weddings abroad. Who went and who didn't? If not, is the bride still talking to you?

BillBrysonsBeard Mon 02-May-16 14:06:05

YANBU, so many loose ends not tied up! There must be many posters who post and then don't come back at all even to browse. Surely if you were still browsing then you'd be aware your own thread isn't finished..

quietbatperson Mon 02-May-16 14:17:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twirlypoo Mon 02-May-16 14:18:26

I have 2 threads currently. You will be pleased to know that my blister on my foot is feeling loads better, and that while I still hate the bastard green polo shirt, I am going to wear it tomorrow with a big fuck off hoody over the top.

<mops OP's brow> I know you will be mega relieved by my update gringrin

gingerbreadmanm Mon 02-May-16 14:22:09

My dp wouldn't stretch to the miele and didnt like the idea of hoover bags so we now have a vax pet stretch which walks all over our previous heavy noisey and basically crap dyson.

i enjoyed a nice hoover round yesterday

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 15:29:11

Thanks for the vacuum information ginger. We need to replace our dreadful Bosch (Which recommended!). Maybe Vax pet is the way!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 15:30:10

OMG Batperson. That safe! Yes, I want to know too!

MiddleClassProblem Mon 02-May-16 15:33:39

What safe? Now I want to know too!

gingerbreadmanm Mon 02-May-16 15:38:39

Have a look on groupon theres loads on there for £50. 6 year guarantee on ours too. Do feel slightly flimsy but if we get six years out of it for the price i would be more than happy.

Smidge001 Mon 02-May-16 15:43:49

I want to know about the safe too.
It's REALLY annoying. She said she was going to get a locksmith or someone to break in, but I never found out if it happened. angry

KatharinaRosalie Mon 02-May-16 15:57:23

Sometimes you wish for a different ending though. There are often posters who go:

OP: DP did this.
MN: He's an abusive twat, you're better off without him.

Next:
DFiance did that.
MN: Please don't marry this man, why are you with him?

Next: OP: DH did this..
MN: you're still complaining about the same thing and not listening to anybody. Please don't have children with him, he's horrible.

Soon afterwards:
OP: DC1 is just a baby and now DH...

GinIsIn Mon 02-May-16 16:07:19

I managed to get the dog poo out of the postbox...

Baileysagain Mon 02-May-16 16:33:14

What happened to the thread that disappeared about the ZZ lister?

Baileysagain Mon 02-May-16 16:38:22

Sorry, just found the thread but what was the outcome?

pigsDOfly Mon 02-May-16 16:43:59

TwoWrongs If it helps to have more information, I've recently bought a Vax Air Stretch vacuum cleaner - no bags - and it's amazing.

It's a 'Which' best buy.

Sorry to hijack OPsmile

twirlypoo Mon 02-May-16 17:21:53

On the subject of hoovers - I also has a vax pet and I loves it! I don't even have a pet <rebel>

Lulu1083 Mon 02-May-16 17:28:07

Twirly shock

I wanted to know about the zz lister too!

gingerbreadmanm Mon 02-May-16 17:28:50

We have a sausage dog grin so in all fairness didnt really need the pet one but i liked the reviews.

Ours also has a which sticker on it.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Mon 02-May-16 18:13:06

Oooh. Fenella! I really need to track down your original thread now. But after I've eaten!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now