Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

...to ask for urgent stain removal tips!

(15 Posts)
oaadc Sun 01-May-16 14:43:08

My parents are away, I've slept at Mum's house (DH contact time with DS at my house) and my DB (who lives here) has had friends over.

Long story short, he and friends have eaten kebabs and pizzas on Mum's brand new sofa without putting covers on and now this has happened: pink stain. Have tried fairy and water!

Brother out for day, mum due home tomorrow and don't want her devastated.

Any tips????? (Dark patch is water)

CaptainCrunch Sun 01-May-16 14:49:44

I use aldi baby wipes on everything, never known them to be defeated by any stain.

Dowser Sun 01-May-16 14:50:45

Do you know what pink stain is

JsOtherHalf Sun 01-May-16 14:51:55

Why are you doing it? Surely your DB should be trying to sort it?

SaucyJack Sun 01-May-16 14:51:56

Is it tomato sauce?

Direct sunlight will shift tomato before your eyes.

I don't know why.

oaadc Sun 01-May-16 14:53:32

DB is away for the day and I don't want mum upset - will try and shift into sunlight. Cushions don't come off! Have Tesco wipes will try them

oaadc Sun 01-May-16 14:57:12

Ok no sunlight to shift into and no luck with the wipes. Bugger!

MathsFiend Sun 01-May-16 15:01:11

Vanish?

helennotsomadnow Sun 01-May-16 15:12:20

could it be chili sauce? could be a bit harder to get out if it is due to oil and food dye

oaadc Sun 01-May-16 15:14:39

Ah yes it could be chilli sauce. I've tried what I can and DB is going to get some vanish now and do what he can

Believeitornot Sun 01-May-16 15:15:55

Er I wouldn't do anything if it was my db! Is he that bothered? If not then why are you?

helennotsomadnow Sun 01-May-16 15:17:09

have a google they have some suggestions for getting it out online

nutmegandginger Sun 01-May-16 15:21:01

My DD spilled a whole glass of orange juice over a pale carpet this morning. I used this, and it came completely off

www.amazon.co.uk/BISSELL-70955-Upholstery-Cleaner-Aerosol/dp/B002SPDF4S

It also works on upholstery and I've used it on my sofa before. Can you pop out to the shops and see if they have any upholstery cleaning products?

Pettywoman Sun 01-May-16 15:44:43

We have that cover on our sofa. I'm afraid you're fucked. Whatever you do you'll get a huge watermark or the fabric will bleach. We only got ours last year and it's a mess, in spite of the throws we have over it all the time.

oaadc Sun 01-May-16 15:47:12

Oh shit. Well I've had a go at it with some water. I've told him to test the vanish on an inconspicuous area first. He's buggered then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now