Talk

Advanced search

to want my newspaper delivered to my door?

(12 Posts)
52dietname Sun 01-May-16 13:28:36

I subscribed to a Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago and didn't get one at all last week. After getting in touch with them they said, 'it looks like you live in a flat. Are we actually able to deliver?' So it sounded like they hadn't even tried.

I explained that yes I live in a flat but there's so buzzer or access code - you just walk through the door of the block and up to each individual flat door. My instructions say 'please leave on mat.'

So I woke up at 8am this morning and must have checked my mat a dozen times - no paper. I leave the house at 11.30am and find it dumped on the table in the communal hallway. That's no good to me - if I wanted to get dressed before getting my paper I'd just go to the shop. As it stands I want to open the front door in my pants and grab it off the floor.

I live on the second floor of a small block. The postman and other deliveries come straight up

AIBU to think my paper should actually make it to my flat?

MattDillonsPants Sun 01-May-16 14:03:44

YANBU. Which paper is it? Have you ordered it from your newsagent? Is the paper boy or girl doing this?

MattDillonsPants Sun 01-May-16 14:04:11

If it is a paper boy or girl, they MAY have been told by either the shop or their parents not to enter any blocks of flats.

52dietname Sun 01-May-16 15:00:03

It comes direct from the Sunday times.

I've seen a paperboy in our block before.

I would have used a local shop but I wanted the digital access for the full week.

MattDillonsPants Sun 01-May-16 15:12:06

So it's a special courier on behalf of the ST? Or it's the postman?

52dietname Sun 01-May-16 16:29:31

Courier.

52dietname Sun 01-May-16 19:59:57

I'm going to take the lack of response as IANBU! grin

Haven't even looked at the paper today. If I don't do it with tea and toast first thing I just won't.

John4703 Sun 01-May-16 20:35:02

you asked for it to be delivered to you That means to you not to some table well away from your flat. If the person delivering is to lazy to walk up the stairs then you should not pay for the paper. YANBU

Scholes34 Sun 01-May-16 20:37:40

Yabu for reading the Sunday Times. It's a rubbish paper.

MatildaTheCat Sun 01-May-16 20:40:48

We have this arrangement with the ST and they deliver it in the wee small hours around here. I don't know if you can contact the distributor directly through them to request this. Some friends of ours cancelled their subscription because the neighbour's complained about the delivery vehicle waking them at about 3am.

52dietname Sun 01-May-16 21:42:11

It isn't a rubbish paper.

I world however get the Observer too but it's too much ££££ for both

Yep I think I'm going to get onto them. I want it on my mat. They can stop right outside the block door. It's no more tha walking up a long drive

Laura812 Sun 01-May-16 21:50:45

You can get the Times and ST to post you vouchers to give to your local delivery man and subscribe on line. The vouchers aer for your paper copy. My newsagent takes those vouchers which I post to them from the Times and deduct that cost from my bill - i have other papers delivered such as the Ft daily and magazines too. That scheme works well. You could try it. So I access the Times on line too that way but the Times doesn't do the physical delivery and posts the vouchers instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now