To be disappointed that Kate Middleton has posed for Vogue cover

(187 Posts)
DoesFlossfloss Sun 01-May-16 09:16:16

I'm ambivalent to the Royal Family but like the way Kate has taken a relatively low key approach since marrying William. I think it's a shame she's decided to pose for Vogue. Liz Jones writes:

'But here is my important problem. You only grace the cover of Vogue when you want to become an icon and have your ego massaged. You are joining the fashion elite.

Like Diana, who wanted to be a mother, a Princess, a charity worker, an everywoman, a pin-up, Kate has sold her soul to the devil that is vanity and elitism, and those fashionistas who judge others only by their BMI.

Kate, who up to now has protected her privacy and that of her children ferociously, has opened the floodgates to the sort of forensic scrutiny her late mother-in-law endured'.

DoesFlossfloss Sun 01-May-16 09:17:07

Inside the mag

WaitrosePigeon Sun 01-May-16 09:18:04

Unless someone can educate me or enlighten me, I'm not sure I see the massive deal. I'm not being a dick either.

Oysterbabe Sun 01-May-16 09:18:34

Liz Jones shudder

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 01-May-16 09:21:23

Agree with Waitrose. I don't see the issue (mind the pun!) really.

pasturesgreen Sun 01-May-16 09:23:03

Personally, Ican't see why one would want to pose for Vogue wearing such a hideous hat.

Apart from that, I really have no particular opinion <misses point>

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 01-May-16 09:23:48

She's on the front of a fashion mag, I don't see the problem.

Is she being interviewed, does she say anything interesting?

19lottie82 Sun 01-May-16 09:24:11

I don't care either way.

hownottofuckup Sun 01-May-16 09:25:06

I think she looks just like thingy from 'How I met your mother' in that second one.

Ihatechoosingnames Sun 01-May-16 09:26:33

Meh, it's a magazine cover. A few photos. Who cares? Liz Jones is insane anyway.

pasturesgreen Sun 01-May-16 09:26:36

SanDiego no, apparently there are a few "original quotes" but not an actual interview - God forbid the woman expressed an opinion.

OurBlanche Sun 01-May-16 09:29:50

YAB UTTERLY U for quoting that woman. Her two faced whinging makes me shudder!

As for the pictures: does anyone really have such strong views? That woman is vilified for wanting privacy, vilified for voluntarily being in the public eye. All those being snide always reply with predictably sham surprise "jealous, moi ?"

I have always wondered why some people pay so much attention to Sleb Mags only to spend so much time being pissy about the contents. I have never worked it out! Maybe someone could explain it... sensibly, calmly, logically... smile

mrgrouper Sun 01-May-16 09:30:56

I think there is something very strange going on with Kate. I watched her interview on "Our Queen at 90" and she seemed a bit spaced out and detached. Plus she refused at the last minute to pin shamrocks on Irish Guards.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 01-May-16 09:31:46

How can LJ say she's opened herself up to forensic scrutiny when she hasn't been interviewed?confused.

Wasn't she scrutinised intensely on their recent tour to India? this magazine cover is nothing to get uppity about, how is she invading her own privacy?

MrsJayy Sun 01-May-16 09:33:04

Liz jones is a mean egotistical vain fruitloop so what she says usually goes over my head I like the pictures ive never looked at vogue magazine but i cant see the big deal Kate is a popular woman other women like her style so why not.

WipsGlitter Sun 01-May-16 09:36:03

Liz Jones is deluded.

Kate is already under huge scrutiny. I don't see how this is opening the floodgates, they're already open. Plus things are not the same as when Diana was alive. IMO her death left a gap for the likes of hello and ok which has now been filled by "celebs" and z listers.

harshbuttrue1980 Sun 01-May-16 09:38:40

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. The royals are becoming more like celebrities than royals. They shouldn't be giving exclusive access to one magazine, and selling pictures of themselves. Its also wrong that she's happy to sell pictures of herself to the highest bidder but then whinges about privacy. If Kate wants to be a celebrity, then fine...but be self supporting like other celebrities. If you want to be a royal and get taxpayer funding, then be a royal and don't sell access to yourself.

ollieplimsoles Sun 01-May-16 09:40:38

Liz Jones is a bell end op...

I actually liked the cover, I think Kate is great.
Lots of women like her style, she's a good candidate for vogue.

Vogue covers are iconic, and Kate is an icon.

MuttonCadet Sun 01-May-16 09:40:48

It's a Liz Jones article, she's got huge issues and hang ups, I wouldn't pay to hear her thoughts on anything.

SaucyJack Sun 01-May-16 09:40:49

She's the wife of our future king- and she chose to take on that role for herself.

It's a bit strange to expect that she won't ever appear in media interviews.

Palomb Sun 01-May-16 09:40:52

Not at all bother about her being on the front of a magazine but what the fuck is she wearing? Such fucking ugly clothes.. She's only early 30's isn't she? She'd got her dressed up like someone 40 years older.

Ginmakesitallok Sun 01-May-16 09:42:07

What a load of bollocks. "Fashion idol appears in fashion magazine" shocker.

Bearlyknitted Sun 01-May-16 09:44:42

I've no fucks to give. Boring shots, she's a beautiful woman, they could have done something more interesting with her.

AppleSetsSail Sun 01-May-16 09:45:28

What a load of bollocks. "Fashion idol appears in fashion magazine" shocker.

Yes.

noblegiraffe Sun 01-May-16 09:49:19

Has the Queen ever been in Vogue? I wonder what she thinks of it.
Kate married into royalty, not the Kardashian family. If this is the way the monarchy is headed I don't think it will last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now