To find dancers on BGT a bit 'meh'

(20 Posts)
PinkyOfPie Sat 30-Apr-16 21:43:34

Diversity were amazing years ago because they were clever, funny and kept it interesting.

Am I the only one who now finds the groups of 20 people who move fast in the same direction rather boring?

Sparklingbrook Sat 30-Apr-16 21:45:38

YANBU, I feel like I have seen it all before now. Also singers on BGT especially child ones. Meh.

WorraLiberty Sat 30-Apr-16 21:48:15

YANBU

Unless they're doing more acrobatics than actual dancing (a bit like Diversity), it really bores the shit out of me.

That's not to say their dancing is crap or anything, in fact it can be brilliant and perfectly timed.

But still bloody boring.

GastonsPomPomWrath Sat 30-Apr-16 21:48:41

Yanbu. I thought the ballet dancers were a breath of fresh air.

TheCrumpettyTree Sat 30-Apr-16 21:50:53

Yanbu, even worse are groups of squealing children dancing.

Toddzoid Sat 30-Apr-16 22:05:08

Yanbu. I don't watch it anymore but when I last did watch it about 3 years ago I was shit bored of any dancers or singers. Dancers because it's always the same old same old 'street dancing' which just looks like jumping and twirling around a bit to me grin and singers I always think get on the fucking X factor or the voice.

ImNotThatGirl Sat 30-Apr-16 22:06:45

YANBU but those ballet dancers were a breath of fresh air. I do hate the kiddie dance troups. Boring and not cute or clever!

SalemSaberhagen Sat 30-Apr-16 22:08:49

The kid dance groups always get one or two places in the finals. Such a waste.

yy to the singers, singers should be barred!

noeuf Sat 30-Apr-16 22:57:50

YY to the ballet dancers. I'm hard as nails usually but almost cried!

I think my views on child singers on BGT have been adequately expressed in the past.

noeuf Sat 30-Apr-16 22:58:28

Sorry op , yes knock off Diversity especially ones with someone in the middle lifted up and out of the group - boring!

bornwithaplasticspoon Sat 30-Apr-16 23:23:07

I found the ballet dancers a bit.. cringy.

I much prefer the groups of singers, particularly gospel. Love good impressionists too.

Balletgirlmum Sat 30-Apr-16 23:25:32

Shannon & Peter have taught my dd. They were amazing.

Sparklingbrook Sat 30-Apr-16 23:44:28

I found the ballet a bit cringey too. Not my sort of thing at all, and not something original that the Queen hasn't seen before.

In fact BGT is a bit cringey full stop these days.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 30-Apr-16 23:45:48

After last week when the panel were in ecstasy at a choir because they could lean from side to side while singing I gave it a miss this week.

Singers should be on X Factor, child singers should be locked up in a soundproof room, and "street" dancers should be pelted off the stage with rotten tomatoes.

ReginaBlitz Sat 30-Apr-16 23:58:03

It's all just a bit predictable and boring now. And the two ballet dancers were cringe, it was just the song that people were roaring about its amazing how a choice of song can work wonders.

5Foot5 Sun 01-May-16 00:15:45

Haven't watched this show for several years but the sort of act I HATE above all others are child comedians. They are never funny just incredibly cringe-worthy

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Sun 01-May-16 00:46:14

The group dancing to Michael Jackson were crap. So dull and your man at the end doing the over exaggerated Vincent Price laugh was weird. The ballet dancers were good but it felt very intimate. She looks amazing for 50 though. She barely looked 30. The teen singing Believe was good.

Marmalade85 Sun 01-May-16 00:59:10

YANBU used to love the show but now half watch it (if that). Ballet dancers were embarrassing.

MrsToddsShortcut Sun 01-May-16 01:19:26

Oh dear. The ballet dancers story was quite sweet but truthfully, I always find ballet dancers a bit problematic as I have absolutely no idea whether they are any good or not. I honestly can't tell. And yes to loathing child comedians!

annielouisa Sun 01-May-16 01:57:53

Every time l watch dancers l compare them to Diversity and nothing comes close!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now